PM expresses concern with U.S. spokesman's remark on Thai politics

webfact

PM expresses concern with U.S. spokesman's remark on Thai politics

BANGKOK, 7 April 2016 (NNT) - Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd has said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is worried by a recent remark made by the spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs about the Thai politics.

Maj.Gen. Sansern on Wednesday said the Thai government had tried to explain to the U.S. many times and stressed that the current situation in Thailand was not normal.

Each order of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) was meant to help expedite the government’s tasks, he said.

According to the Thai government spokesman, AP reported that the spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs urged the NCPO to limit the power of the military.

The PM said offenders of political offenses used human rights as an excuse and urged the media not to report only demands of political groups, the spokesman added.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-07 footer_n.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again with the "explaining". Guess the rest of the world is just to daft for "understanding" thainess.

Quite honestly I don't think "the rest of the world" gives a good goddamn about "Thainess".

There are other hings happening in the world of far more significance.

The general is correct at least in saying the situation is not ""normal"" in Thailand .

Explaining arrest and detainment of civilians by an unelected military who seized power as ""not normal" is accurate .

The problem he faces is the perception through ""normal eyes"" in the west of such actions.

What mandate or authority is this deemed ok?

Certainly , not in the Australians eyes where the entire government is banned from entry.

The human rights groups so disdained by Thailand who is on the lowest tier 3 .

Not the tourists who see the news of these increasing arrests at home and go else where.

Amazingly even educated Thais think our Nations are powerless against the Military of Thailand.

A woman with a business degree informed me that the "Thai military can do anything they want "

That's not normal thinking .

Which brings us back to the generals hopes of convincing the International community that AA Is a part of the road map necessary.

Not some Chinese state ideological borrowed fear method of controlling the populace.

The threat of being taken to the Deep South and detained will surely silence the bravest of souls still objecting in opinion pieces .

Then what?

More polls ?

99.3 % like the government.

Reading even student protesting about rigged charters are targeted.

Everyone seems to be these days.

And it's just the beginning.

The problem for the general is his definition of acceptable behaviour is not on the same page as ours

It's just boring now. Boring and silly. Like or loathe the US, they know perfectly well what is going on - it isn't that bloody complicated.

And we also know what is going on in the US. Those who can't do, teaches others to do...

It's just boring now. Boring and silly. Like or loathe the US, they know perfectly well what is going on - it isn't that bloody complicated.

And we also know what is going on in the US. Those who can't do, teaches others to do...

Yes, because this thread is all about "what is going on in the US." facepalm.gif

yes we all know... there is an election going on and complete press freedom to expose and comment on it. Any more completely stupid and unrelated analogies you can invent?

Each order of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) was meant to help expedite the government’s tasks

TRANSLATION:

Each order of the NCPO by NCPO Chief Prayut was meant to help expedite PM Prayut's tasks.

One can't argue with such efficiency. But democracy it ain't. wai2.gif

No its not complicated, there was an coup and the country are run by the army which wants to impose a new constitution that will limit a full democracy from returning to the country. In this process they are supressing their own people's views and are dividing the country further. Simple and clear. Even the Bangkok post and The Nation have figured it out, so it cant be to complicated.

Here we go again with the "explaining". Guess the rest of the world is just to daft for "understanding" thainess.

Quite honestly I don't think "the rest of the world" gives a good goddamn about "Thainess".

There are other hings happening in the world of far more significance.

I think that the rest of the world are most remiss at failing to understand the roadmap and the current "special conditions", notwithstanding our leaders patient and continuous explanations.

Intoxicated by the superficial frippery of freedoms of speech, expression, assembly, and consumed by desires to own jam, calenders and red plastic bowls they have failed to grasp the wholly laudable progress made in returning happiness to the people despite an obvious ( as all the group photographs of our leaders reveal) veritable epidemic of chronic constipation.

Shame on The US Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs.

Edited by JAG

There were 2 lost opportunities for the country to take a different path, in 1932, and during the communist insurgency of the 70s. No guarantee that things would have turned out better, but interesting to think about what might have been.

And some who don't know squat post in this forum.

Exactly right, and it is amazing how the little general doesn't seem aware that foreign embassies are intel pipelines staffed with intelligence professionals in order to monitor every detail of host governments. Apparently, the little general has not found out about yet, much less read, the Wiki Leaks docs regarding Thailand. The U.S. and other developed countries know more about host countries than the countries themselves....obviously.

The persistence of the current NCPO and the PM to attempt to tell the REST OF THE WORLD, that bad comments about Thailand are not acceptable and will do more harm than good, is failing at almost every hurdle. Foreign heads of State mat6 speak nicely to you PM, but they are diplomatic. In reality they know what is going on and they do not like it.

As for expediting the Govts task that is just so much BS and everyone knows that too.;

Fortunately the US and other western countries have never done anything for which an explanation, if they bothered to make one at all, was lame, self-serving and/or transparently false ... especially when it comes to the use of the military or police.

None of the so-called western democracies are in a position to lecture others on how democracy is supposed to work. The US has certainly propped up (or engineered regime changes) governments that were anything but democratic when it suited their purposes.

While our government in the US may have a lot of faults, I cannot fault that the government was set up with a civilian commander of the military. It is the one thing that has worked well for almost two and a half centuries.

I am not an American so I really can't comment on their political views. But rightly or wrongly they do voice their opinions and I hardly think the Thai gov will change that. It is probably of concern to 'outsiders' that reading comments in Thai newspapers that even Thai journalist don't think the Thai people will do anything against the junta gov and will accept whatever happens.

If the little general would quit crashing summits and the like in America then coming back to Thailand and playing the big shot with his fabricated accounts of the U.S. and other major powers reacting positively to him and his junta, maybe these powers would pay no attention. But, he forces them to set the record straight. If silence was golden, the little general couldn't raise a dime...his mind is on vacation and his mouth is working overtime....lyrics more or less by Mose Alllison.

A lot of people on the Forum like to bitch about the current powers that be.

They could always move back to where they came from.

For myself, I left Glasgow as I was sick of the SNP, and the corrupt, fraudulent EU.

I enjoy living here in Thailand, .. I take nothing to do with Thai politics, so my advice to all the moaners is

move back to where you came from.

Fortunately the US and other western countries have never done anything for which an explanation, if they bothered to make one at all, was lame, self-serving and/or transparently false ... especially when it comes to the use of the military or police.

None of the so-called western democracies are in a position to lecture others on how democracy is supposed to work. The US has certainly propped up (or engineered regime changes) governments that were anything but democratic when it suited their purposes.

"None of the so-called western democracies are in a position to lecture others on how democracy is supposed to work. "

Yes, they are. Most western democracies have a lot to teach the world. Your assertion seems to be that since western democracies are not perfect they cannot lecture others and that's just untrue - plain and simple.

For myself, I left Glasgow as I was sick of the SNP, and the corrupt, fraudulent EU.

I enjoy living here in Thailand, .. I take nothing to do with Thai politics, so my advice to all the moaners is

You conflate expressing an opinion with moaning.

The " if you don't like it go back where you came from" argument is so discredited I won't bother....

Edited by JAG

Yeah screw the Thais! As long as I have my cheap beer and sunshine who gives a rats bottom about what the locals may want from politics.

I would never, ever tell a Thai living in the uk to "go home" over politics. There'd be a chance to learn from their input.