going to Hua Hin during SongKran, bus or train?

loopz

Going to Hua Hin during SongKran from Bangkok, bus or train, what is most convenient?

Is the train and busstation near the city center, or do I need to book taxi in advance, to get to the center?

How to get around in Hua Hin, are there tuk tuks avaliable, taxis?

Edited by loopz

The train station is only 5 minutes walk to the center of town but the bus station is a little further out and you would need a tuk tuk. It all depends really on where you plan to stay but you will always find tuk tuks hanging around both places.

The train station is only 5 minutes walk to the center of town but the bus station is a little further out and you would need a tuk tuk. It all depends really on where you plan to stay but you will always find tuk tuks hanging around both places.

Thanks, are there any good budget hotels around the city center area? Beaches, Shopping?

What is the most common way to get around, is it tuk tuk? Do they have taxis?

There are plenty of small hotels even in the middle of town although I am not sure how busy they are at the moment.

You can find a lot of them, like the Sirin Hotel, on Booking.com and if you can find somewhere around there you will be close enough to restaurants, bars and the beach that you won't really need to find a tuk tuk. There are some meter cabs but not too many.

In reply

either

yes

yes and yes

yes, yes and yes

So translating your reply, both bus and trains are convenient.

Train and bus station is near the city center, but I need to book in advance to the to the center? I am a little confused.

And Tuk Tuks and taxis are available.

There are plenty of small hotels even in the middle of town although I am not sure how busy they are at the moment.

You can find a lot of them, like the Sirin Hotel, on Booking.com and if you can find somewhere around there you will be close enough to restaurants, bars and the beach that you won't really need to find a tuk tuk. There are some meter cabs but not too many.

So this area around Sirin Hotel is like a good central location, is this area called something in specific, or how to I tell Tuk Tuk driver to go to this area if I wanted to, is Sirin hotel well known?

All the tuk tuk drivers will know the Sirin Hotel and it's about as central as you can get. You might have a problem getting a tuk tuk from the railway station because it's so close (10 mins walk max) but I would suggest you use the bus anyway.

Around the Sirin you will see the City Beach Hotel and Jed Pee Nong Hotel all close by plus a dozen more small hotels.

The bus is safe and airconditioned. The trip from the bus station to town center will be 5 minutes maw. There are song tauws at the bus station. If you use the bus you must book before hand as its many times full, only 24 seats. It leaves from Swampy. You can book online.

We have stayed at the Tanawit Hotel twice. First time we stayed in the main hotel and we really enjoyed it. Second time we booked the executive rooms and they were dirty and there was no water.

So if you decide to stay there (it is in a good location) ask to see the room before you pay.

The bus is safe and airconditioned. The trip from the bus station to town center will be 5 minutes maw. There are song tauws at the bus station. If you use the bus you must book before hand as its many times full, only 24 seats. It leaves from Swampy. You can book online.

If you are referring to the Bell Transport service to HH, I used that and would recommend it. It is a very comfortable 24 seater with only 3 seats across. Took about 3 hours, a lot quicker than the train.

I used to only use the big blue buses from Sai Dai bus station or get a train because the minivans seem to be always driven by maniacs with no seat-belts. Recently though I have simply gotten a Bangkok taxi from BKK to Hua Hin for 1,800baht if you are willing to pay it is fast, cozy and imho safer.

Personally, I quite enjoy the walk to and from the Hua Hin bus station when I am staying in the city center.

Personally, I quite enjoy the walk to and from the Hua Hin bus station when I am staying in the city center.

Yes the station to say, the Hilton is not far aND its mostly downhill. . Many hotels and guesthouses. If you want to be in the thick of the nightlife action, I can recommend Jing's guesthouse on Salakem Rd run by a Kiwi guy and his Thai wife. Nice people. Edited by swoods58

Forget train. Mini bus is available from victory monument. I take taxi. 2300baht.

Hua hin is small. Stay maybe guesthouses on water. Close to bars. They have foam party in front of Irish bar. Lots of Thai kids. Pretty cool.

To extend your trip you can take taxi from hh to pattaya. Pattaya extends festival through the weekend

I took the van and was happy except I didn't know where the hell I was when I arrived at the van office. But they helped. And then I called the hotel and they walked to me and got me.

Buy a smart phone. Has a thing called GPS

Forget train. Mini bus is available from victory monument. I take taxi. 2300baht.

Hua hin is small. Stay maybe guesthouses on water. Close to bars. They have foam party in front of Irish bar. Lots of Thai kids. Pretty cool.

To extend your trip you can take taxi from hh to pattaya. Pattaya extends festival through the weekend

You are being seriously ripped off if you are paying 2300 for a Taxi from BKK to Hua Hin

You are being seriously ripped off if you are paying 2300 for a Taxi from BKK to Hua Hin

I've done it countless times. I get pick up from my condo and dropped at hotel in hh. Tolls included. But yes that was a typo i meant 2000baht. My mistake. I have done it for 1800 from soi 4 , sukhumvit

I've done it countless times. I get pick up from my condo and dropped at hotel in hh. Tolls included. But yes that was a typo i meant 2000baht. My mistake. I have done it for 1800 from soi 4 , sukhumvit

I did it for my sister last week for 1,800 near Market Village all the way to Swampy, and once got a taxi from Korat to HH for 4,500

Edited by ExpatLife