Bangkok 7-eleven Robbed Of Bt1.3 Million In Cash

george

7-Eleven shop robbed of Bt1.3 million in cash

BANGKOK: -- Two gunmen robbed a 7-Eleven shop in Bangkok's Bang Na district out of Bt1.3 million in cash while the cash from the sale was about to be counted and sent to a bank, police said.

Police said the robbery at the shop on Soi Sukhumvit 105 took place at 8 am.

Police quoted the shop manager and some staff as saying that one of the men rushed into the manager room at the back of the shop and grabbed the money basket and rushed out while the other man used a gun to threaten other shoppers and staff.

The two fled inside a pick-up truck which was driven by another man.

-- The Nation 2006-11-01

They knew the collection time and thus maximum payout dividends = inside job. :D

I'm sure even the best Police Force that money can buy could work this one out. Unless they did it themselves? :o

Dead right, even inspector Cleauseau could probably get a quick lead on this one, starting with the manager. What were they doing counting up the money at 8 am? I always thought that most businesses banked their moneys during the afternoon. How many days take was that I wonder? 1.3 mil Baht, that's something over 18k sterling, an amount any small to medium shop in the UK would be uncomfortable having lying around.