Traffic stops current rules

Why should they not be allowed to stop you when alone?

Always ask for an official report/slip if money is involved.

This will quickly give you an idea how justified his accusation is.

A sidenote: highway police is usually two officers in their car.

They build up stops at any place they consider interesting.

I doubt that always a senior officer will be there.

A single officer will wave you down to stop.

The other one stands aside.

They got the uniform and usually a gun, you want to argue? ask procedure, its whatever "procedure" that officer wants to impose at that time.

its whatever "procedure" that officer wants..

Is he God?

Ops...

I am forget its Thailand

Why should they not be allowed to stop you when alone?

Always ask for an official report/slip if money is involved.

This will quickly give you an idea how justified his accusation is.

A sidenote: highway police is usually two officers in their car.

They build up stops at any place they consider interesting.

I doubt that always a senior officer will be there.

A single officer will wave you down to stop.

The other one stands aside.

B cuz they corrupt to the bone.

Lone stops were banned and still are to my knowledge.

There is even phone no. to report it.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

The dilemna is of course, is the lone copper stopping you an actual BIB or a bloke that's managed to cobble together the semblance of a uniform and is out to scam you.

Around Pats, if the copper is alone and on a main thoroughfare such as Klang/Third Road intersection in daylight, then it's fair to assume he's a real BIB....well, as "real" as a BIB can be I suppose. You see them all the time alone at the intersections controlling the lights trying their best to create traffic jam mayhem. It's reasonable to assume these are the real thing.

However, a few times I've had single coppers alone at night, up dodgy, ill lit side sois that go nowhere in particular, try and pull me up. On both occasions I've scooted past with no problem. They just didn't look right - no helmet, uniform too loose, just looked dodgy. Apart from a few curses hurled at me, no problems. I suspect these were just locals out to cream a few baht off anybody they could stop in remote areas.

One of the locations was up the back of Jomtiem betweeen Boonkanjana and Thepprasit, somewhere near the small lakes - no lighting, bugger all traffic, 3am, a road to nowhere, lone copper - I ain't stopping for nobody in a place like that.

They got the uniform and usually a gun, you want to argue? ask procedure, its whatever "procedure" that officer wants to impose at that time.

Same around the world it seems.

Same all world laws does not matter?blink.png where is your "all world"?

just "whatever "procedure" that officer wants to impose at that "?

Gosh, when I saw the title of this thread I thought the police may have come up with some standard traffic stop rules. But no, a ThaiVisa member was just asking if there were any rules. What a let down....sucked in by a misleading subject title again. tongue.png

How do you know if a high ranking cop is present at a checkpoint?

Do they stick him on a pole at the entrance of the checkpoint?

They got different uniform

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

I thought they all dressed in brown.

What does a high ranking policeman wear ?

The "rule" published some time ago that said something about a sign being required, listing the senior officer involved. And that a senior officer was suppose to be there. That never happened here in Pattaya. Stops all over the place. I don't like the ones on small sois where only 2 of them are. Though on time, I did see another cop hiding down the road waiting for runners...

Can in your home country only a high ranking cop give you a ticket?

If the answer is no, which I suppose, then I don't see why the OP asks this silly question.

Not silly at all. A few months ago the boss copper said that all stops will be manned by an officer not below the rank of Inspector. Seems like a fair question to me.

Don't do anything stupid. Don't drive drunk, wear your helmet when on a motorbike, obey the laws of the road and you're 95% okay. I DID get pulled over one time driving a truck with my TGF in the passenger seat, she told me "just give him 100 baht." I refused cuz I had done absolutely nothing wrong. The cop let me go, but in retrospect (and having read too many horror stories) if that happens again, I'll give him the 100 baht.

its whatever "procedure" that officer wants..

Is he God?

Ops...

I am forget its Thailand

Now how could he be Emporer Vespasian Flavian? AKA God.

If the answer is no, which I suppose, then I don't see why the OP asks this silly question.

Not silly at all. A few months ago the boss copper said that all stops will be manned by an officer not below the rank of Inspector. Seems like a fair question to me.

I may be mistaken but wasn't this rule in regard to stopping people and performing roadside body searches??

If a lone copper sees you breaking a traffic rule (if only in his mind) he's likely well within his rights to stop you.

Derogatory post Hidden - Forum Rule -

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

cheesy.gif

Does anyone know how many ranks there are in the Thai police force? Lt General, Lt Colonel, and probably Lt Columbo as well.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gif

Does anyone know how many ranks there are in the Thai police force? Lt General, Lt Colonel, and probably Lt Columbo as well.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I want to know what all the medals are for.

Archived