Bank robbers rumbled two years after digging through sewer into vault

webfact

Bank robbers rumbled two years after digging through sewer into vault

606x341_329580.jpg

TOULOUSE: -- Fourteen men have been arrested in connection with a bank robbery two years ago in the French city of Toulouse.

They dug a tunnel through a sewer network to the bank’s vault, escaping with two and a half million euros.

The robbers were rumbled after police found high tech equipment in their houses.

“We found police armband, police uniforms, high tech material, button cameras, computers, scramblers, geolocalization tags…,” said Marie-Madeleine Alliot, Prosecutor of Bordeaux.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-11

Shame there isn't so much energy and effort put into the issue of tracking down and the apprehending terrorist so as to prevent them committing their cowardly crimes.

Money matters , people don't it would seem to the French authorities.

Great idea,lets guillotine the bastards for nearly getting away with it.Lets face it every body,years ago were saying how clever the great train robbery was,oh! except for the poor bastard that got clumped,he was always mentioned as an after thought.I have great admiration for guys who can carry out a robbery where only the insurance company's get stung,and no one gets hurt.Look at the Military man that stole the crown jewels (Blood,i think his name was)just to prove it could be done.I seem to remember that Charles the 2nd was so impressed that he set the guy up with a pension for life.

Nothing wrong with the verb 'to rumble'

• rumble verb (DISCOVER)
[T usually passive] UK informal to ​discover the ​truefacts about someone or something ​secret and often ​illegal: His ​bosseventually rumbled him, and he was ​sacked.

I have never heard of the word rumble used this way. I take is "UK informal" is a euphuism for slang.

Personally I don't think slang should be used in a headline until it becomes "UK formal" giggle.gif

Very common usage for us older Brits.

Rumbled, well it is in my spell checker...

Finding property in their houses is evidence... but what lead the police to search their houses in the first place?

Good question and why would "high tech" gear stand out enough to support a charge? They might be g em fossickers?? smile.pngwink.pngwhistling.gifwai.gif