Phuket police inspector has lucky escape after car explodes

snoop1130

Phuket police inspector has lucky escape after car explodes
Eakkapop Thongtub

1460374829_1-org.jpg

It is estimated the fire caused B100,000 of damage to the vehicle. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A police inspector based at the island’s Tha Chatchai Police Station had a lucky escape today (Apr 11), when his car exploded and caught fire whilst he was driving through the Tha Chatchai Checkpoint north of the island.

It took firefighters just five minutes to put the fire out, and they estimate that the damage caused to the vehicle is in the region of B100,000. The inspector did not suffer any injuries.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-inspector-has-lucky-escape-after-car-explodes-56989.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-04-11

the damage caused to the vehicle is in the region of B100,000

Should read: write off value is estimated at 100'000 Baht tongue.png

cars aren't written off here, my car had damage of over 200,000 Baht, car worth was 180,000 Baht, i asked the insurance of the guilty party to forget repairing it, just give me 180,000 Baht, ''Sorry sir we cant do that''

He could use one of the super cars they got rusting in the compound.what happens to all the vehicles they confiscate? It looks like he's car needs a bit of t-cut and bumper shine.

A lot of those cars go out the back gate at night to new owners after the bribe has been met.

No mention of what caused the car to explode only how much it will cost ???

Worn out and leaking fuel line...

Usual symptoms for this fault is a strong smell of fuel in the engine compartment and exceptional heavy fuel consumption.