Louis Tavern

Apparently Miracle Group managed all the Louis Tavern lounges at Don Mueang until 2006, and all six at Suvarnabhumi since then.

They are in the process of opening a seventh lounge at Suvarnabhumi and this will be their most premium offering (showers), seating 400 with indoor and outdoor space.

Apparently the Suvarnabhumi Miracle Lounge received the "Priority Pass Lounge of the Year" award for the last three years, which doesnt say much for the competition.

How do you buy access to these lounges?

I see www.sleepinginairports.net sells access (24 hours in advance) for 29 GBP but they require you to select a specific lounge.

There is also www.dayrooms-ciplounges.com where you can buy access and here it’s for all the lounges at 1,000 baht, but only for 2 hours (the link above says 3 hours).

Is one required to buy in advance, or can you buy in the airport? And if so, at what price?

And/or does Louis' Tavern / Miracle Group have their own site, as I assume the two sites above are just resellers?

Also, if there are recommendations for other lounges, let me know.

Airport Angel and dragonpass also give you access. Google is your friend ;-)

Google is most certainly not my friend when it comes to airport lounge access in BKK.

As said above, it seems the places that sell access are resellers, I would prefer to find the source, i.e. some official site and/or learn if I can just buy in the airport (since I prefer not to book a specific lounge 24 hours in advance).

I googled the cards you mentioned, for DragonPass it seems I have to buy 8 lounge visits to get a “free” membership. Unclear to me what this membership gives me, when I have bought 8 lounge visits, i.e. will I pay for the 9th visit? Wasn’t the point of the card to allow free access to lounges?

For Airport Angel, the most promising google result was a page under citi.com which sadly no longer exists.

I assume both cards are meant as benefit/loyalty cards, so direct sale is not a priority.

I guess they are a way of bulk buying access to lounges! It means you don't have to plan ahead. If you travel fairly frequently they can be very useful, both in case of delays or the opposite when you would have used them but your delay meant you didn't have the time. Once you have used your allocated number you get charged ( I think £16) each visit.

I have spent time in most of the Louis' Tavern lounges at BKK over the past year. They are more than adequate but the smaller ones at the west-end of the airport (nearer the split for the F and G concourses on level 3) can be easily swamped if they have a bottleneck of flights. The one I visited just last week (larger Business Lounge opposite gate G2 on Level 3) was a first-time visit and apart from not having Jack Daniels, was quite easily their best with a stunning, gracious and very attentive hostess (got her number).

As for buying access, it’s 1,000 baht for two hours paid on entry and they take credit cards.

According to the clerk, you can move to another lounge, e.g. you may want to take a shower and then move to a smaller lounge nearer your gate.

So definitely do not bother with the reseller sites I mentioned in a previous post as in best case, you get the same rate as a walk-in customer, but less flexibility.

Worth pointing out that access to these lounges is normally free for anyone with a business class ticket on an airline that is part of the correct alliance, and also for anyone with enough FF points to have a gold card (or equivalent) valid with the same alliance, regardless of what ticket they have. Terms and conditions apply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...