How bad will the water shortage be here in Pattaya?

i claudius

Around 10 years or so ago the Mabrachan reservoir was dry and trucks were going around delivering water to houses, apartments, hotels etc. Some of it was of dubious quality and not that cheap. Authorities promised it would never happen again but there has been a huge amount of development in that time so it is always possible. A photo of Manrachan a month or so ago showed a very low water level.

expanding on your thoughts

a water shortage could actually present certain influential people with a huge money making opportunuity so it would not surprise me if Pataya water wasn't a concern until there isn't any

Pattaya just seems to get away with stuff more so than any other provence or city for some strange reason, if in fact they do run out of water it will be interesting to see if questions are asked as to why restrictions were not enforced like in other areas

or maybe there is plenty of water - that is how it seems anyway the way it is being thrown around all week

I have been a water conservation freak after living in Southern California for 30 years. This year and last year "Played Songkran" full bore.

As long as they don't run out of Jet fuel. Mai mi pen ha... wink.png

Edited by joeyg

I used more water today on my showers and a load of laundry than most gaggles of 10 kids used celebrating Songkran this year. And since I showered alone, they had a LOT more fun.

I suspect there's plenty of water to drink, and always will be- because people will always be willing to pay enough for water to drink (and shower, and do laundry).

But there isn't enough cheap water to grow 100,000,000,000,000 tons of rice for export at competitive prices. (Did I get enough zeroes to match government export targets, or should I add a few more for good measure?)

Edited by impulse

I used more water today on my showers and a load of laundry than most gaggles of 10 kids used celebrating Songkran this year. And since I showered alone, they had a LOT more fun.

I suspect there's plenty of water to drink, and always will be- because people will always be willing to pay enough for water to drink (and shower, and do laundry).

But there isn't enough cheap water to grow 100,000,000,000,000 tons of rice for export at competitive prices. (Did I get enough zeroes to match government export targets, or should I add a few more for good measure?)

My wife has a lot of ricefields up north , she never bothers ,not worth it to plant , she just rents them to other farmers .this year there is a big water shortage

Edited by i claudius

• 2 weeks later...

Already no waterflow here in Thepprasit for a week. Everybody who says water supply is normal is not correct. I have never seen so many water supply trucks driving around here as before. These guys also charge now due to this situation 300 baht per truck as before 150/200 baht.

Thailand remains still a third world country, where one of life's most important need, drinking water is a joke.

Already no waterflow here in Thepprasit for a week. Everybody who says water supply is normal is not correct. I have never seen so many water supply trucks driving around here as before. These guys also charge now due to this situation 300 baht per truck as before 150/200 baht.

Thailand remains still a third world country, where one of life's most important need, drinking water is a joke.

We live in the Banglamung area ,luckily no water shortages here(yet) matter of fact very very rare for it or the electricity to go off ,

I made a turn yesterday to the 2 main reservoirs of Pattaya, Map Phrachan and Huai Chak Nok, and they are far to be as low as they were last year at the same season. Pattaya has water for many months right now, and rain should come then.

Huai Chak Nok :

130.jpg

131.jpg

smile.png

They've always charged 300 baht where I live. Only the Thai customers can get a better deal. If things get back I see them charging 500 baht.