How bad will the water shortage be here in Pattaya?

i claudius

Sea water .Tons of it .(distill yourself ) .Wash in the sea also .Up here in C.M.we do not have that option .

well that was helpfully,every night we will drive to the sea ,wash and distilled a barrel of water thanks for that

About an hour aga I saw the girls at one bar on Soi Baukhao already outside throwing water.

Ain't no water shortage for the annual week of madness that is Songkron in Pattaya - unfortunately.

Time to lock myself in the house until the 20th.

Around 10 years or so ago the Mabrachan reservoir was dry and trucks were going around delivering water to houses, apartments, hotels etc. Some of it was of dubious quality and not that cheap. Authorities promised it would never happen again but there has been a huge amount of development in that time so it is always possible. A photo of Manrachan a month or so ago showed a very low water level.

Sea water .Tons of it .(distill yourself ) .Wash in the sea also .Up here in C.M.we do not have that option .

well that was helpfully,every night we will drive to the sea ,wash and distilled a barrel of water thanks for that

The time might not be so far off when beggars can't be chooser. A lot of people will be coming off of their high horse if the drought continues. It might be a humbling experience and restore some of the humility we have lost thanks to this IT lifestyle we now live.

No problem with a water shortage after Songkran in Pattaya, if you wear one of these during the "celebration":

post-80674-0-04050900-1460485455_thumb.j

Just squeeze yourself out while standing in a plastic dustbin (trashcan) when you get home. Then go out and wander around a bit more. Repeat until your dustbin is full.

Edited by Enoon

The art of the pointless and unanswerable question is clearly mastered here on TVF.

What answer could anyone give you that you would take as believable, concrete and actionable? Surely you would place more weight on your own direct daily observations. Just wait and see. Meanwhile, help out by conserving.

i know there will be none till after songkran ,but what then?

If you're saying there will be no water in the mains until after Songkran you are wrong. Water running normally, or as normal as it gets, at my house in South Pattaya.

If you're saying there will be no water in the mains until after Songkran you are wrong. Water running normally, or as normal as it gets, at my house in South Pattaya.

My Water is ok too, and I am Central Pattayaklang. It is off and on all the time, which is

no problem as its slowly filling up my tank.

Only in Thailand would such illogical thinking prevail, ... Gee, there is a water shortage! Let's play water for 7 days anyway! Idiotic!

I don't think anyone could stop Songkran water throwing in Pattaya. How could they do it? Send in army trucks?

Maybe cutting it down to just one day would be possible - we can only dream.smile.png

Also in South Pattaya - we've had less trouble with water supply this year than most other years I've been here.

I'm in Bangkok at the moment, but a friend in Pattaya now says the water throwing must stop by 7 pm and in fact it did last night, he said.

People stop trowing water when the sun sets, so nothing new here.

Happy Thai new year.

People Thai's stop trowing water when the sun sets, so nothing new here.

no ,just the opposite ,i was saying it will be ok up until the end of Songkran , then what ,

Only in Thailand would such illogical thinking prevail, ... Gee, there is a water shortage! Let's play water for 7 days anyway! Idiotic!

I don't think anyone could stop Songkran water throwing in Pattaya. How could they do it? Send in army trucks?

Maybe cutting it down to just one day would be possible - we can only dream.smile.png

I can think of two ways to stop it, as you said, send in the army to put a curfew on it, just like they

shut down all of the pattaya night life after the military took over the government.

Or,

Shut down the water supply to all the shops and houses from 10am to 7pm

A photo of Manrachan a month or so ago showed a very low water level.

I made a turn yesterday to the 2 main reservoirs of Pattaya, Map Phrachan and Huai Chak Nok, and they are far to be as low as they were last year at the same season. Pattaya has water for many months right now, and rain should come then.

I'm in Bangkok at the moment, but a friend in Pattaya now says the water throwing must stop by 7 pm and in fact it did last night, he said.

People stop trowing water when the sun sets, so nothing new here.

Happy Thai new year.

People Thai's stop trowing water when the sun sets, so nothing new here.

No they don't. I've been dunked late at night by Thais many times. One time it was around 11pm and ice water. They also throw water all night before the big day (19th).