CIA director says would refuse to torture even if ordered by new president

webfact

CIA director says would refuse to torture even if ordered by new president
BY BNO NEWS

LANGLEY: -- CIA Director John Brennan says he would not allow his agency to resume so-called “enhanced interrogation” practices, including waterboarding, even if he was ordered to do so by the next president.

“I will not agree to carry out some of these tactics and techniques I’ve heard bandied about because this institution needs to endure,” Brennan said in an interview with NBC News, which published an excerpt ahead of the full broadcast on Monday.

Brennan responded to rhetoric from businessman Donald Trump and U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, who both support torture, with Trump going as far to say that he’d bring back a “hell of a lot worse than waterboarding.”

Full story: http://www.streetwisejournal.com/cia-director-says-would-refuse-to-torture-even-if-ordered-by-new-president/

swlogo.jpg
-- StreetWiseJournal 2016-04-12

Maybe he will take the military off of 'gentlemen/hold your fire mode" and put it into 'destruction/all out total war mode'.

Hard to justify the amount of money the military gets.

I am still waiting to see the return on investment of that NAFTA agreement. I am not better off then before, maybe its the ver. 2.0 the new secret trade deal going on.

Whats the return on investment from the CIA? More trouble then its worth right?

WE need to shut down the CIA & NSA

The IRS should be included to make it a perfect trifecta.

All three of those US Government agencies are not only rotten, they're inefficient to boot.

But hey, be careful what you wish for... bad as they are, they could be replaced by things that are much worse.

Donald Trump, for instance.

Another clog in the establishment who would rather play nice and make friends with people that want to kill us than find out what is going on and protect people. The U.S really needs pink polka dot panties and a skirt

From a purely pragmatic point of view the main problem with torture is that it doesn't work. There's a huge amount of evidence for this and I'm sure the great brains that comment on TV can track it down. Assuming of course they want to enjoy the novelty of knowing something about the thing they're commenting on.

This would marginally be news if Brennan was a run of the mil public servant who, after attaining a very, very high level of SES (Senior Executive Service) offered this information upon request or to steady public policy during a change of administrations. However, Brennan is not that man!

Brennan is hand in glove with Obama on disassembly of radical islam. He is instrumental in blinding US policy and training to the unique threat of radical islam and jihad- jihad, a phenomena that has variously haunted many over the ages simply no longer exists at all, according to Brennan. The idea that Brennan would tell a siting president that he would not do something not only seeks to undermine the election process but establish some quasi standard as if he had the power to stop it. Brennan could step down as he offered but could not prevent his agency from doing the will of the Executive. ...another example of misrepresenting the nature of government to Americans! Brennan is a servant, and a poor one at that.

A former aggressive supporter of Enhanced Interrogation, he changed his views when enticed by politics. This alone makes him most repugnant of men but there is more, plenty more. There is a reason there is so much smoke around Brennan's Saudi Time; it constantly leaks out in conjecture, first person accounts, and connect the dots. This man is a chief architect of America's Losing War by Jihad. IMO, when/if the facts are out, Brennan will make Philby look like a patriot!

Brennan

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/22/cia-director-brennan-islamic-state-is-ideology-of-/

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/03/raymond-ibrahim-cia-chief-john-brennans-deceptions-about-islam

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=334_1432700212

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printindividualProfile.asp?indid=2577

http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/15993

From a purely pragmatic point of view the main problem with torture is that it doesn't work. There's a huge amount of evidence for this and I'm sure the great brains that comment on TV can track it down. Assuming of course they want to enjoy the novelty of knowing something about the thing they're commenting on.

That sums it up... torture doesn't work.

But that won't stop imbeciles from advocating and practicing it.

It has been going on so long that it could be called the world's second-oldest profession.

That sums it up... torture doesn't work.

But that won't stop imbeciles from advocating and practicing it.

It has been going on so long that it could be called the world's second-oldest profession.

Like Trumo said, "and even if it doesn't work, they deserve it anyway."

Trump even denigrated our POWs.

Trump said of Arizona senator and former Vietnam POW John McCain: Hes not a war hero. Hes not a war hero because he was captured. I dont like people who were captured.

Who would want to go to war for a President Trump knowing that if you were captured in the heat of battle your commander-in-chief wouldnt like you?

Firstly, he did not specifically exclude outsourcing,

Secondly, he did not specifically exclude having to listen to an hour of Trump rambling, which would be enough to make even the most hardened terrorist sing like a canary.

Torture is the most ineffective interrogation technique. It rarely provides any useful information. In fact provides volumes more misinformation than credible information. It also violates human rights of an individual and is highly illegal.

Recently extensive research has shown that an interrogation method named 'Humane Interrogation Technique' is far more effective in gathering credible information.

For those that advocate torture as an effective information gathering technique the evidence shows you couldn't be further from the reality.

This would marginally be news if Brennan was a run of the mil public servant who, after attaining a very, very high level of SES (Senior Executive Service) offered this information upon request or to steady public policy during a change of administrations. However, Brennan is not that man!

Brennan is hand in glove with Obama on disassembly of radical islam. He is instrumental in blinding US policy and training to the unique threat of radical islam and jihad- jihad, a phenomena that has variously haunted many over the ages simply no longer exists at all, according to Brennan. The idea that Brennan would tell a siting president that he would not do something not only seeks to undermine the election process but establish some quasi standard as if he had the power to stop it. Brennan could step down as he offered but could not prevent his agency from doing the will of the Executive. ...another example of misrepresenting the nature of government to Americans! Brennan is a servant, and a poor one at that.

A former aggressive supporter of Enhanced Interrogation, he changed his views when enticed by politics. This alone makes him most repugnant of men but there is more, plenty more. There is a reason there is so much smoke around Brennan's Saudi Time; it constantly leaks out in conjecture, first person accounts, and connect the dots. This man is a chief architect of America's Losing War by Jihad. IMO, when/if the facts are out, Brennan will make Philby look like a patriot!

Brennan

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/22/cia-director-brennan-islamic-state-is-ideology-of-/

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/03/raymond-ibrahim-cia-chief-john-brennans-deceptions-about-islam

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=334_1432700212

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/printindividualProfile.asp?indid=2577

http://www.intrepidreport.com/archives/15993

You defend torture but don't have the courage to use the word? Been using the Dick Cheney Book of Doublespeak I see.

You also seem to believe that the People, you know, the Voters in the Electoral Process, and their primacy trumps the law. Pun not intended. If the People elect a person who decides to use torture then it would be most appropriate for any senior official to say, well Mr. President, there is a law against that. But your version of Wild West Democracy is to say that the People have Spoken and the President is unrestrained by any other factor.

Radical Islam is an 'ism'. You can't fight it with tanks, air craft carriers or stealth bombers. Like the war on drugs or the ever present war on minorities, you can't shoot your way to a solution. Criminal activities inspired by what you call radical Islamists is a law enforcement matter. The events in Belgium demonstrate this. Beyond a doubt. You are a big fan of self-evidentiary revelations. Here is one. The EU puzzles are going to sort out terrorists by using the criminal justice system. No Guantanamo needed. No renditions. No 'with us or against us' arrogance. Plain old, solid, steady law enforcement. Using law enforcement techniques will allow them to go from a reactive posture to a more preventative posture in time as their skills and intelligence systems develop.

And guess, what, I do not believe that they will be using torture.

Radical Islam as represented by entities is political. You can try engaging them militarily but this has been demonstrated time after time to be ineffective. 15 years of war in Afghanistan. The war will cease in Afghanistan when a political solution is reached. Don't need you cowboys and your water boards. I've seen enough of those dicks in Kabul to last a lifetime. Fortunately now I deal with State Department people there and not the crazy eyed, gun toting mercenaries, although I still run across a few of them at ISAF.

Your anti Obama polemic doesn't work. How many defeats does the US military need to endure before you realise this? Your military can only destroy. It cannot create or build. Your military does not have the tools nor the culture for it.

I am sure that US agencies will keep their torture. They do after all believe themselves to be above the law. That the end justifies the means. That they are Patriots. But don't be surprised if your antagonists use the same treatments on your forces.

Edited by lostboy

I am sure that US agencies will keep their torture. They do after all believe themselves to be above the law. That the end justifies the means. That they are Patriots. But don't be surprised if your antagonists use the same treatments on your forces.

I doubt they've ever stopped using it.

Worth reading how we treated captured Germans during the Second World War. Basically put them up in a "Gentlemens' Club. Cognac and cigars - the works. Really good mics in light fittings, trees, everywhere. Hugely successful. Tons of vital info for MI6. Sometimes brains beet brutality.

BTW, there were 54 of them all held together! No orange jump suits either

Edited by Grouse