Will Thais All Go Legal With Vista ?

nostrel

Wondering how the ratio of legal vs illegal o/s in Thailand compare with other countries :o Which country leads with a high ratio of illegal over legal?

I have heard Vietnam is virtually 100% illegal. Dunno about Thailand statistically speaking, but would say very high.

If there is a way to secure something then there is a way to unsecure it.....otherwise even legal copies wouldn't work.

I don't expect most Thais will hop on linux yet. It will still probably be easier to hack an MS copy once its figured out then it is for most people to get everything for linux you get with MS (familiarity) Not a dog on linux because its solid and can do many of the same things....without crashing but I doubt it will replace hacking microsoft as an option soon.

Besides you can almost count on a patch from Microsoft that will fix something irrelevant and leave the entire OS hackable. :o

Most of the Windows XP piracy going on here is from Corporate CD keys that never had to be activated online.

MS has closed this loophole down now for Vista with all corporate copies having to be activated online.

Though no doubt there will be some kind of hack out to get around all of it, as it's just to big a target.

Dunno there are keyless/Authentication less copies of OS normally - give out for developers so..... :o

Normally being the operative word there - maybe this is something Microsoft has stopped doing.

I know I'll be buying my copy legitimately anyway.

I must be honest that i have been using copied software for years, i am now getting a bit tired of it for instance not being able to get latest updates etc and cant be bothered to look for a way. Just renewed my legal Norton Antivirus for another year and will definetaly be getting a legal copy of Vista, would be better if they just licence it though for example $50 per year rather than purchase.

I believe MS are trying a little harder to make Vista "uncrackable". I think they were a little upset when one of their staff posted a photo of a cracked version in front of head office, claiming it took 18 minutes, and challenged others to beat him. :o

Wonder why they should be upset? The staff was only intimidating them on Vista vulnerability and encouraging others to find quick solutions, if any. :D

Why would anyone "want" to pay for it.... it will be out of date within a few months of its release, will need constant updates and security patches, service packs and god knows what else!!

PAY!!!... you must all be mad... better switch to another platform I think

:o

Inside in the code of Windows Vista and the ability to crack or hack it is extremely slime. The coding strength of the current Windows version not excites 128 bits encryption, which is currently not even used for the current WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) connection.

In Windows Vista the authentication connection will be of 1024 bit strength, which make it easier to hack into the computer of the CIA and get the secret files of George Bush Jr. then run your MS Windows Vista longer then 30 days.

Hacking or changing files so to get around the authentication connection, sorry people who hoping on that Windows Vista also has a high level of security on file the file system, this makes it impossible to alter any files on binary level without the authentication code key.

With the fastest processor any 1024 bit strength encryption code can be decrypted within 25 to 50 years, as some level of Windows Vista use different encryption which depends on storage of off-base servers for security. This server not allow computers with the same encryption key to connect more then 2 times the amount of the need to authentication the Windows Vista installation encryption per cycle.

Connection a Windows Vista computer to the Internet means that a illegal version will not work longer then 30 days, computers with processor ID, will need to contact Microsoft by phone to get special authentic after 2 time unauthentic installations.

Talking about encryption strength, until today, not many cases, and most are questionable, are known that hacker/patchers/coders break any encryption strength higher then 64 bit strength without information about the buildup, or the content of the encryption key.

The difference between 64 bits encryption strength and 1024 bits strength is like comparing the first pre-stone age humanoid walking upright to what you see in the most advance scifi movie.

The guys who say the guys in Panthip will figure it out, make me smile like I never did before. Guys let we also ask them to research into light speed engines for our space rockets... It is easier to ask Leonardo Devinci to tell use about Cold Fusion, or Sub Atomically partials, from which we have today little know-how.

In basic most people I meet, use the computer for browsing the Internet, office work and some personal administration. In all this fields a computer running a modern Linux version will run better and preforms then any current Windows XP installation. Also most people who use Windows XP or thing of Windows Vista are not using more then what Windows 98 was able to do.

Most Linux distributions are able to run most software which run under MS Windows 98, without any additional cost. Matter of fact all is free and legal to use....

Inside in the code of Windows Vista and the ability to crack or hack it is extremely slim.....

The guys who say the guys in Panthip will figure it out, make me smile like I never did before. Guys let we also ask them to research into light speed engines for our space rockets... It is easier to ask Leonardo Devinci to tell use about Cold Fusion, or Sub Atomically partials, from which we have today little know-how.

hmm, do pigs fly where you come from? It never has been the guys in panthip that have done the actual cracking, they are only the distributors!

I would bet someone has ALREADY cracked it and within a week of the official release, you will get all the last minute features. All it takes is one hacker.