Hottest temperature ever recorded in Thailand in 56 years today

max72

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Phanat Nikhom as Alan Partridge said. 'Its hotter than the sun'. Must keep hydrated.

Do you know that alcoholic drinks are the worse things to take in extreme hot weather. Alcohol in hot conditions will take the body`s sugar content down to dangerously low levels causing coma and can be fatal.

Here it has been 48C as you can see by this image, and also was recorded in the car and also on internet weather.

Korat City.... And I am off to the UK on Wednesday where it is currently SNOWING, which is also highly unusual for this time of year.

13015165_10205909586841379_1252025202765

12523962_10205883890078976_3173725279975

Edited by Brewster67

In Phanat Nikhom as Alan Partridge said. 'Its hotter than the sun'. Must keep hydrated.

Do you know that alcoholic drinks are the worse things to take in extreme hot weather. Alcohol in hot conditions will take the body`s sugar content down to dangerously low levels causing coma and can be fatal.

Yes..

I know....but kee mao ☺

The official measurement for yesterday in Korat shows 42.2 max.

48 is easy if the sun shines on some thermometer or a car.

It's useless to compare some homemade measurements,

And whatever source brings this on an app is crap.

48 would be big news, an all time record never recorded in Thailand.

The official stations have not reached 45 so far, otherwise it would be in the headlines.

The highest temperature for yesterday seemed to be in the north (errors excepted).

THOEN 43.5

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/climate.php?FileID=1

The 16h values have just came in.

A mild 40.5 in Khon Kaen blink.png

Korat 41.5.

Forecast for next week looks promising. A cool 36 in sight biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Here it has been 48C as you can see by this image, and also was recorded in the car and also on internet weather.

Korat City....

Did you ever get out of town the other day? If so where, and how was it?

No mate.... I decided to hold out and instead wait a week and go to the UK to escape this relentless heat.... But yesterday there was no music, which I put down the the extreme heat.

The official measurement for yesterday in Korat shows 42.2 max.

48 is easy if the sun shines on some thermometer or a car.

It's useless to compare some homemade measurements,

And whatever source brings this on an app is crap.

48 would be big news, an all time record never recorded in Thailand.

The official stations have not reached 45 so far, otherwise it would be in the headlines.

The highest temperature for yesterday seemed to be in the north (errors excepted).

THOEN 43.5

The 16h values have just come in.

A mild 40.5 in Khon Kaen blink.png

Korat 41.5.

Forecast for next week looks promising. A cool 36 in sight biggrin.png

That is wrong,,,, Wunderground uses official stations and even that recorded over 45 in Korat the other day. Car always corresponds with all the apps which are actually plugged into API keys that gather info from 'official stations' also the thermometer was only taken out of the shade momentarily to get a clearer picture.

It also depends on the local geography, in a moo baan that is built up and sheilded from any breeze, the air temperature will also rise in immediatelocationsthat are boxed it.... It is called a sun trap and heats the year even in the shade.

So there are a lot of elements to what temperature it is in your precise location. Those were the temperatures in my location..... end of.

Can you explain how the google app can gather weather data from every single town and city in the world if it is not using a global network of official weather stations?

Edited by Brewster67

Korat City....

Did you ever get out of town the other day? If so where, and how was it?

No mate.... I decided to hold out and instead wait a week and go to the UK to escape this relentless heat.... But yesterday there was no music, which I put down the the extreme heat.

Roger that. I thought of you later because my town was a graveyard that evening compared to the previous. Last night too.

I wondered if, in part, the visiting teams from Bangkok weren't too keen on having no water in the blue pipe, and packed it in early. laugh.png

A photo better than one thousand of words ..

This afternoon in Sakon Nakhon province , not far from Sawang Daen Din in the countryside

26389178065_ebc4c1bd48_b.jpg

is it 1.2 metres off the ground in a white vented box otherwise its not really accurate........i got 41c briefly on the shade side of the house 1.2 m off the ground but not in a white vented box

Actually new standards reccomends the sensor to stand at least at 1.5m,-2m is better. 1.2m was an old standard for UK climates, which are not so affected by a strond radiation like the tropical ones. In fact, in the old colonies, thermometers placed at just 1.2m were having problems of overexposure.

In any case, yesterday Sakon Nakhon OFFICIAL TMD station recorded 42.5C , which is also its highest T on records, 0.2C above its previous record.

More than 30 stations destroyed their previous all time records in the past 3 days, the greatest number since April 1960 heat wave.

In 1998 there were also many records beaten, but spread throughout the hot season from March in the South to early May in the north, so that was a hot SEASON because it was also a strong Nino, but now besides a hot season, we can talk about a heat wave by referring to this week.

Towards the weekend some shower and gust will start to bring the thermometers down.

I am more surprised by the 38 degrees at Koh Samui (which , due to its marine influence, had never recorded anything even close to it) than the 44C at Sukhothai, which is in the hottest area of Thailand.

Surat Thani 41.3C straight on the coast in the South is also INSANE.

Answering to your interrogation ;

first the temperature today sunday 17th of April 2016 at the same place ; nearly 46*C !!!!

26478996815_38a3d7074a_b.jpg

Have a look where is the thermometer ; you can see it in the middle of the photo; that little thing which is at about 1,5 meter high ; never see the sun ...

26206113110_f89977571b_b.jpg

A photo better than one thousand of words ..

This afternoon in Sakon Nakhon province , not far from Sawang Daen Din in the countryside

26389178065_ebc4c1bd48_b.jpg

is it 1.2 metres off the ground in a white vented box otherwise its not really accurate........i got 41c briefly on the shade side of the house 1.2 m off the ground but not in a white vented box

Actually new standards reccomends the sensor to stand at least at 1.5m,-2m is better. 1.2m was an old standard for UK climates, which are not so affected by a strond radiation like the tropical ones. In fact, in the old colonies, thermometers placed at just 1.2m were having problems of overexposure.

In any case, yesterday Sakon Nakhon OFFICIAL TMD station recorded 42.5C , which is also its highest T on records, 0.2C above its previous record.

More than 30 stations destroyed their previous all time records in the past 3 days, the greatest number since April 1960 heat wave.

In 1998 there were also many records beaten, but spread throughout the hot season from March in the South to early May in the north, so that was a hot SEASON because it was also a strong Nino, but now besides a hot season, we can talk about a heat wave by referring to this week.

Towards the weekend some shower and gust will start to bring the thermometers down.

I am more surprised by the 38 degrees at Koh Samui (which , due to its marine influence, had never recorded anything even close to it) than the 44C at Sukhothai, which is in the hottest area of Thailand.

Surat Thani 41.3C straight on the coast in the South is also INSANE.

Answering to your interrogation ;

first the temperature today sunday 17th of April 2016 at the same place ; nearly 46*C !!!!

26478996815_38a3d7074a_b.jpg

Have a look where is the thermometer ; you can see it in the middle of the photo; that little thing which is at about 1,5 meter high ; never see the sun ...

26206113110_f89977571b_b.jpg

youd also need to check its accuracy, go to any diy shop and look at the thermometers, no two readings the same on any of them, sun hitting the concrete slab will radiate heat up and under that roof could well be a heat trap which is why its should be in a vented box out in the open

Highest temperature by official measurements yesterday was again Sukothai with 43.7 C (110.7 F).

No significant short term relief in sight.

In layman terms, how to measure temperature:

http://www.weatherworksinc.com/temperature-measurement

stevensonScreen.jpg

No measurement at a building, hanging on a wall, below some tin roof, on concrete environment etc. is anything valid.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Something is "in the make" in the northeast.

Thai television reports about strong storms in the Udon area.

The storm has reached our place too (western part of Khon Kaen).

Thai Met shows sharp temperature drops (up to 8 C and more) in misc. Isan places between 13h and 16h.

E.g.

Khon Kaen from 41.0 to 32.8 within three hours

Nong Khai 39.6 to 33.

Unbelievable value for Roi Et: 39 to 28 !!!???

Edited by KhunBENQ

Weather report looks promising.

"Cool down" to 37 or 36, cloudy and some chance of rain.

(western part of Khon Kaen prov., report for Nong Bua)

I hope they are right.

post-99794-0-00277600-1461468427_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hate to say I told you so, but I warned everyone about this months ago.

http://www.thaivisa....land-next-year/

with a 50% chance of being right its hardly a major prediction.
I am 100% right but only in your area. Where I live we had snow showers last night.

You get a prize then...here it is....wait for it....keep wait....almost there....

Brutal heat but perfect weather for drying mangoes.

attachicon.gifDSCN6536.jpg

How come your grass is so green there Gecko?

Photo was from last year. Was too busy to take picture of this year's operation. Last year it was very overcast this time of year and it took forever to dry the mangoes.

Below is photo of this year's new and improved drying operation taken this morning. Because it's so hot, the drying has taken only 3-4 days instead of 7-8 days last year.

post-215904-0-13837000-1461470243_thumb.

Edited by Gecko123