Samut Prakan to stringently punish drunk drivers and speeders

webfact

Samut Prakan to stringently punish drunk drivers and speeders

sa.jpg

SAMUT PRAKAN, 14 April 2016 (NNT) – Samut Prakan officials have resolved to strictly punish drunk drivers and speeders threatening other motorists during Songkran.

Deputy Governor of Samut Prakan, Siam Sirimongkol, has ordered authorities strictly take action against violators of traffic laws, especially speeders and drunk drivers, with an aim to reduce road accidents during the Songkran period.

The deputy governor recently conducted an inspection of check points and officers dispatched to work against holiday road accidents.

Samut Prakan recorded 2 major accidents and 2 fatalities during its Songkran holiday last year. Both incidences involved motorcycles and speeding.

This year, the province is looking to encourage traditional Thai celebrations to offset accidents and has set up a 24 hour medical response center.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-14 footer_n.gif

Samut Prakan officials have resolved to strictly punish drunk drivers and speeders threatening other motorists during Songkran.

Oh my God, do they possible mean . . . TRANSFERRING! Could they even entertain the punishment of transferring the violators to somewhere else like they do to "punish" government officials for corruption or other crimes?

Oh no, they wouldn't . . . would they?

Makes you want to give up drinking completely!

The PM has ordered action be taken, various ministers and ministry spokespersons have ordered action, governors and deputy governors have ordered action and so on down the line.

Is there anybody who will actually take all this action ?

Talk, LoS' stock in trade.

Serious question: if the police are deployed around various static checkpoints—checkpoints that occasionally stop traffic—and the traffic has to stop at these checkpoints - how do they propose to catch speedsters?

Look at the published arrest figures: 20-odd-thousand drink drivers, zero speedsters...

B.S. after last year holiday the PM said he would keep all cars and scooters for one month. This never happened because he did not enforce the law. I have to drive to work or my family will starve. if i miss work i will be fired and can not support my family. after two days let all the drunk cars and scooters drive off. No one can respect your laws when you do not have the balls to enforce them. I you do what you say the penalties are and really enforce them next year you will see a big change! it is called tough love for the people who died or were hurt!