Bringing Asthma meds - Symbicort Turbohaler & Breo Ellipta

bbi1

Are there any restrictions on bringing in a 6 month supply of asthma preventer meds into BKK?

Problem is Symbicort is very expensive in Thailand and max strength is 320/9 while I take 400/12 which they don't sell in Thailand. I believe both have 60 doses for each type. Symbicort is a prescription med here but not in Thailand as any pharmacy sells it.

Doc has now asked me to trial Breo Ellipta instead of Symbicort which is a new preventer which doesn't seem to be in Thailand. At least not when I search here: http://www.si.mahidol.ac.th/th/department/pediatrics/admin/news_files/109_2_1.pdf

Would there be any issues in bringing in a combo of both meds to cover a 6 month stay in Thailand?

Edited by bbi1

The rule is only a 30 day supply. That said, they do not usually make an issue over larger quantities as long as they still look consistent with personal use (as opposed to sale) and are not controlled items.

I think you'll be fine but have a script with you/doctors letter just in case. It is in any event advisable to have a summary of your medical history with you in case you need medical care while here.

Indeed Breo Ellipta is not available in Thailand yet.