American Style Ribs? Where?

moonseeker

20 hours ago, Awohalitsiktoli said:

By "Eddies" I assume you mean Rich Man Poor Man (RMPM) in Jomtien.  I ate RMPM's ribs a couple of weeks ago and they were good.  I really like the sauce.  I would really like to see pics along with a review of Smokin' Joes (SJ).  I am more interested in the items that are hard or almost impossible to find over here:  i.e., really good smoked brisket and pulled pork.  It seems like lots of places do ribs that are OK, such as Sizzler; Tequilla Reef, etc.  It would be great if just one entrepreneur would travel to Texas and copy the smoked BBQ (beef brisket, sausage, ham, ribs) that is served there.  I am not in the restaurant business, but I have to assume that it is almost impossible to get a decent brisket w/ the proper amount of fat content here, and importing them is way too expensive.  

Rmpm also makes decent brisket.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I am planning checking out their brisket and ribs today. If you mean traditional east Texas, black 'po folks' BBQ as practiced at Burn's Original BBQ in Acres Homes , north Houston, I am working on it.

I just cooked up a pulled brisket chili and paid around 450 baht for around 1.5 kg of brisket from Makro on Sukhumvit (Pattaya). Decent cut with good fat content and although pot chili and smoked BBQ meat needs differ, I am pretty sure once one gets chatting with a couple of their butchers, they can provide close to best-for-BBQ requirements.

Yuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm.........pulled brisket chili!  That must taste fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Awohalitsiktoli said:

Is that Thai beef?   I am looking forward to trying brisket at both RMPM and SJ's.  I was also told that Pastrami on Rye is either making it now or will make it......not sure as I write this.

I think it is likely  Thai.  I know he uses Makro  beef.

9 hours ago, Awohalitsiktoli said:

Torture!  :)  That looks like real chili.  Partner, how long has it been since you had a bowl of NanLaew chili?  Well that's too long.

Yup... not a bean in sight! Learned the trade participating in the Hydrographic Society (Houston Chapter) Annual Superbowl Chili Cook Offs where I was never a winner... but twice nominated for the prestgious 'Roadkill' award.

Edited by NanLaew

This thread is about smoked BBQ ribs, so I do not want to divert from that specific topic too much, BUT, I did try RMPM's beef brisket and it was good.  No, it is not exactly like Texas beef brisket but that is not Eddie's  fault.  The meat over here simply does not have the fat content (marbling) that you find in beef in the USA, which serves to keep the meat moist.  Still, for those who want beef brisket, I recommend RMPM's.  I really want to try Smokin Joe's (next on my list).  Back on topic:  RMPM does make good ribs w/ several sides, such as macaroni, spinach casserole, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, etc.