American Style Ribs? Where?

moonseeker

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never tried them but I've seen the advert for lonestar. The best place in town was bobs Bbq but I think he passed away. An old rumour was that his staff then moved to lonestar. The advert with Russel mentions his ribs plenty. He's got ribs on the brain. Anyone tried them?

Lonestar's ribs are surprisingly good, usually very tender and not too fatty. There are weekly rib specials on Friday and Sunday...at least there were last time I was there a month ago. As I remember a 1/2 rack special, served with a choice of two sides from a pretty good list, a small piece of corn on the cob and a pot of very decent BBQ sauce was B299. I believe a full rack was B499 or thereabouts.

Location; Soi Lenkee, left side coming from Soi Buakhow.

An additional bonus are the classic '70's Westerns usually playing on the flatscreen TV...: "McCabe & Mrs Miller, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, "Fistfull of Dollars", ect...the perfect accompaniment to a plate of ribs.

Edited by dddave

There was a bar owner on soi 6 who served ribs along with the usual rumps...Skeeter is his name...though i believ he may have left town. Still no harm looking ...they might still fire up the grill sometimes.

Bingo players rave about his ribs and sauce.

There was a bar owner on soi 6 who served ribs along with the usual rumps...Skeeter is his name...though i believ he may have left town. Still no harm looking ...they might still fire up the grill sometimes.

Bingo players rave about his ribs and sauce.

Skeeter did a runner and is being pursued by an angry mob. The bar has a new owner and the food is gone.

Jomtien Beach Rd. night market-

First aisle, there's a guy who roasts racks of ribs in a big pottery urn. You buy 'em by weight. They're like Chinese restaurant ribs you'd find in America; not BBQ/Tony Roma's style... but they're delicious!post-72929-0-28445000-1460690450_thumb.j

Edited by Michaelaway

If you want to go over the hill to Jomthien....Eddie at Rich Man Poor Man has been smoking and selling whole racks. he takes orders the day before......Im bad with numbers I think he is on the corner of Soi 9 not sure.........

If you want to go over the hill to Jomthien....Eddie at Rich Man Poor Man has been smoking and selling whole racks. he takes orders the day before......Im bad with numbers I think he is on the corner of Soi 9 not sure.........

Rich Man Poor Man: Corner Beach Road Soi 9, Jomtien, Pattaya. The smoked BBQ ribs are really good (serves them Friday-Sunday for sure, and maybe the rest of the week). Great sides (can order two with the ribs): creamed spinach, mac. and cheese, beans, cole slaw, potato salad (maybe others that I am forgetting).

Slow cooked at home on the BBQ is the only way to go ..with a ice cold beer biggrin.png one thing about Thailand there pork is good, tender and sweet

Low and slow, the only way to BBQ

on at dawn, and ready for lunch!

Tigglebitties in South Pattaya has US Southern sweet sauce bar-b-q ribs that fall off the bones and/or bar-b-q chicken on Monday nights. 299 Bt gets you a rack ribs, or you can get chicken, or half and half. The bar-b-q comes with one side.

Here is the address and a link to the Google Map showing where they are located. To get there turn South onto Soi 17 at the stoplight located at the junction of Pattaya 3rd Road and Soi 17. They are about a km from the junction on the right side.

584/38 Soi 17, Moo10, South Pattaa, Nogprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/''/pattaya+tigglebitties/@12.9168921,100.8091324,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x31029671ff83674d:0xe4f03631665dc567!2m2!1d100.8791729!2d12.9169014

Rich Man Poor Man: Corner Beach Road Soi 9, Jomtien, Pattaya. The smoked BBQ ribs are really good (serves them Friday-Sunday for sure, and maybe the rest of the week). Great sides (can order two with the ribs): creamed spinach, mac. and cheese, beans, cole slaw, potato salad (maybe others that I am forgetting).

I don't want to be too much of a stickler for detail but RMPM is actually about 30M down Soi 9 on the right, not on the corner.

Eddie has the smoked BBQ ribs down pat. I doubt you will find any better than what you get at Rich Man Poor Man. And yes, he is located on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 9 Jomtien. He smokes them in his own smoker.

The Thai pork ribs can be very similar to american style....and a lot less...Otherwise, Tony Roma's is consistent, and blows away Sizzler, if you can wait for a trip to BKK...now at Terminal 21.

Well, if you're going to go to Bangkok, try Bourbon Street on soi 63 Suk, Ekamai

Thanks. I was unsure if you had to pre order the ribs. I think another poster mentioned 24 hours notice. I'll pop in tonight. All the best

I just checked that post you mentioned and poster NickJ did advise you had to order the ribs 1 day in advance. Well since you live close by, when you go tonight if the ribs are not available then you can place your order for ribs tomorrow night.,