Best Sim/Mobile option

I don't think there is a lot of difference as far as what each one offers. It depends where you are at as far as their signals and service. I am in the boonies. I used to use True and the signal is still strong but the 3G Internet slowed to being unusable. Six calls to True were a waste of time. The AIS signal is weaker but the Internet works fine. Dtac has a good signal but no 3G Internet where I am at. I am now using a dual SIM phone because there are dead spots with no signal. Up on a nearby mountain, Dtac and AIS have service but True does not. My wife had a really difficult time cancelling the True postpaid service. The local True office told her they could not cancel it. She had to drive 50 kilometers to a larger office. As a result of that hassle, I'm finished with True. AIS has been fine so far, but TIT. One never knows from day to day.

For data I use true on their package of 212 Baht which gives always on data for a month with the first 1GB at 3g. On their website with access code to input. Probably they have others with talk time plus sms as well

A dtac promotion will get you 150min talk and 3gig of 3g/4g a month @ 399baht prepaid plus 20 fee each month - something like that. Has a number of sms too but don't recall how many I think it is 30 a month - if you just preload the account with the money it will reload each month on time. Wife has been using it for a few months and she is happy with it - we do have great dtac coverage in our area. It does slow to 128k if you use up the 3g but you can enter a code and from the preloaded funds you have on account buy another 1gig at a time @150baht each and still at the end of the month if enough money is still left it will reload the promotion automatically. You can add money at any time to the account for use later or to be sure enough is there at the end of the month - no need to run in at the last minute. If you use up the talk time it will charge your account funds by the min but there is a way to top that up too. Never had to reach those limits yet, but she is working on it.biggrin.png fact is with line app she uses so much less talk time then before. She found she can send me voice clips so now she does not even have to type - of course she has to send a sticker with them - its a thai thingrolleyes.gif . For higher cost they have bigger packages too. I am not big on phone use so I use a 100min 500mb account @ 199 a month it is older non promotion account.

All 3 major providers: AIS, True & DTAC have 24/7 kiosks in the airport arrivals hall.

If you will be spending most of your time in urban areas, all 3 providers also offer the option of unlimited Wi-Fi in covered locations. Both AIS and True have strong Wi-Fi in most major malls and business districts so you might not need to buy as much data as you think. Most hotels also have free wi-fi...except the 5-Star ones who charge ridiculous rates for it.

Several times in the last few months, DTAC Sims were stacked up free at the Immigration desks....seems to be an on and off thing but I picked one up for a visiting friend and it was easy to set-up and use.

Edited by dddave