Indian takeaway food in Bangkok

hathairat2711

I reside in greater Bangkok and would like to know if there are any Indian restaurants in central Bangkok where you can obtain takeaway Indian meals?

If so, and I'm pretty sure there are, could you please name those restaurants regardless of where they are situated in Bangkok.

I'm not interested in on-line ordering namely companies like Passion and Panda.

Any advice would be appreciated.

There are lots of Indian Restaurants - many will deliver.

FoodPanda / Foodbyphone is a delivery service which lists many indian Restaurants but its often better to contact the Restaurant directly about delivery as foodpanda and foodbyphone can often take more than an hour to deliver. I've given up using foodbyphone / foodpanda for delivery but their restaurant & menu list is useful.

Names of a few Indian Restaurants in the Central Sukhumvit Areas:

Planet Bollywood

Indus

Indian Host

Mrs Balbir

5 mins online search will source plenty of Indian Restaurants for you - Google is your Friend !

---------

There is also another option which I use: Villa Market and I think foodland have some frozen locally made Indian meals which are very good, such as 'the British Indian Restaurant' and 'Rang Mahal'... they do a range of Indian food and naan's which you can throw in the microwave (naan is best done in the oven of course!)

I reside in greater Bangkok and would like to know if there are any Indian restaurants in central Bangkok where you can obtain takeaway Indian meals?

If so, and I'm pretty sure there are, could you please name those restaurants regardless of where they are situated in Bangkok.

I'm not interested in on-line ordering namely companies like Passion and Panda.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Any Indian restaurant will provide take away service.

I intend to travel to a restaurant in central Bangkok and buy in bulk and then place in freezer when home.

I've heard of 'British Indian Restaurants' but I understand their portions are small.

I will start by trying one takeaway from each of those restaurants you mentioned Richard and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for your help guys

You say you live in 'Greater Bangkok'. If you live anywhere near Rangsit then you're in luck. Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) has a campus near Thammasat University. It's very well signposted, about 5km past Future Park, on Pahonyolthin Road. When you enter AIT, head for the canteen. Delicious authentic Indian and Pakistani food at food hall prices.

The only problem is the lack of home delivery. Definitely worth a visit.

Archived