how to soundproof cheap wooden door?

riorobc023

there are some gaps in the wooden door of my apartment, and i am only renting, not an owner.

I understand their are various methods to soundproof a wooden door including insulation, door sweeps, caulking for the gaps etc

how could i soundproof a wooden door without ruining anything? and what is the best way to fill a gap on the upper door (between frame) besides caulking?

thank you

That is what I used as well. It comes in different sizes at homepro and other places. I also got a sweeper that goes under the door. It is a fabric piece that has two foam rods, one on each side. Cut to the length of the door width.

I did this to help insulate the doorway because so much AC was escaping.

All amazing ideas i would have never thought of. I'm not too hands on, but ill have to go ahead and go to homepro and try this out

Self adhesive weatherstripping .... nice!

Mind if i ask what brand or how do i say / write weatherstripping in thai? i think it would be difficult to show an employee a picture of that opposed to the door sweep.

Do they sell a sweeper at home pro as well? and for the door sweep obviously i would need to drill holes into the door, correct?

All good suggestions and all should be applied. Remember if you can see any light coming through

the seams of the door jam then there is both sound and air entering or escaping. Seal the door to the

point of no visible light entering the room from the outside through the door jams.

That is what I used as well. It comes in different sizes at homepro and other places. I also got a sweeper that goes under the door. It is a fabric piece that has two foam rods, one on each side. Cut to the length of the door width.

I did this to help insulate the doors, because so much AC was escaping.

Did the same on the doors and windows with the foam tape. Actually that does work, less noice from outside and also the sweeper beneath the door

All amazing ideas i would have never thought of. I'm not too hands on, but ill have to go ahead and go to homepro and try this out

Mind if i ask what brand or how do i say / write weatherstripping in thai? i think it would be difficult to show an employee a picture of that opposed to the door sweep.

Do they sell a sweeper at home pro as well? and for the door sweep obviously i would need to drill holes into the door, correct?

you open the door and the door sweeper slides underneath. The foam pieces stay on either side. They are like 25 mm or bigger diameter foam rods. No screws necessary. Just cut the thing to length. I'm not at my condo or I would send you a picture.

you open the door and the door sweeper slides underneath. The foam pieces stay on either side. They are like 25 mm or bigger diameter foam rods. No screws necessary. Just cut the thing to length. I'm not at my condo or I would send you a picture.

Is this what you are talking about? Also can it be bought at home pro? thank you

---

@lopburi thank you!! very useful to show the employee, much appreciated information = )

post-227904-0-93957300-1460880243_thumb.

Is this what you are talking about? Also can it be bought at home pro? thank you

---

@lopburi thank you!! very useful to show the employee, much appreciated information = )

yes..exactly