Visa run vive veras

The opener says it all, was thinking about it since years. I'm considering to spent a bit more time in the neighbouring countries next year. Especially Lao and Cambodia. So far no issue, Cambodia as well as Lao give you easy opportunities to extend you visa. The problem I see now, I' wanna go with my bike (Thai registration), as far I know they got a bit more easy on the laws recently. (was granted a full month in Lao, even hat only 15 days in Visa)

So considering the cusom papers are only good for a month, it means I have to make border runs into Thailand only to clear the custom papers.

I dunno if people do that before, or are currently doing it? Comming into Thailand, just to get a stamp and leave?

However it wouldn't be bad to get a day or two to ride down to the next Makro or Lotus considering supplies are a bit low in Lao or Cambo.

Any thoughts on this???

Many short visits using visa exempt entries at crossing points from Laos appear to be OK. However, crossing points from Cambodia have been refusing visa exempt entries once the computer alerts the official to frequent entries (meaning only that the entry should be examined more closely to verify tourist/visitor entry, not living and working in Thailand). The refusal by the immigration official will be accompanied by the (untrue) claim that the computer told him to do it. There is nothing you can do except enter by air.

Would that mean, if flying in they do not check too closely, and 30 days can be considered pretty sure?

In the case of riding the bike, I would need the immigration stamps to clear the custom form (simplified form for temporary export), doesn't really matter if entry denied, but it could actually mean you're stranded in no mans land. Assumed you get the stamp denied on Thai side, not sure how Cambodian or Lao immigration would handle this.

As for the Lao side and the bike, I know people who could handle that, but's not legal, so we don't discuss that matter.

If you are staying mostly in Cambodia and Laos, entering Thailand (by air or Laos land border) for short visits (say, 30% of your time in Thailand) my own opinion (which others may dispute) is that you will be able to use visa exempt entries indefinitely. You may face the occasional inquisition to ensure you are not working in Thailand. You cannot expect to spend 75% of your time here on visa exempt entries, probably not 50% in the long term.

If you are staying mostly in Cambodia and Laos, entering Thailand (by air or Laos land border) for short visits (say, 30% of your time in Thailand) my own opinion (which others may dispute) is that you will be able to use visa exempt entries indefinitely. You may face the occasional inquisition to ensure you are not working in Thailand. You cannot expect to spend 75% of your time here on visa exempt entries, probably not 50% in the long term.

I believe that if the OP uses VEE in the manner you suggest, across land borders, he will face increasingly hostile questioning from the IO's.

Even by air the "alert" system results in people using frequent VEE's being 'advised' to obtain visas

I believe that if the OP uses VEE in the manner you suggest, across land borders, he will face increasingly hostile questioning from the IO's.

Even by air the "alert" system results in people using frequent VEE's being 'advised' to obtain visas

I think it's more than 2 years ago, I used the last VEE. Was on TV all the rest of the time. But I think it makes no sense to obtain a TV if only staying for a couple of days in Thailand. If they would offer the METV in Laos or Cambodia, it would be another story of course, in fact it would make perfect sense.