Fishing the Mekong July / August

manxninja

Hi does anyone have any information of fishing tours, or local knowledge, regarding fishing the Mekong for catfish at that time of year.

Ive heard some sections are protected, not sure if its true. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have asked friends about fishing the Mun. Anything seems to go. Asked about fishing license or game wardens ( I described as the Fish Police, Bla Domluit). You should have seen the looks I got. You are from America, the land of the free, and you have fish police!!!

Nice fish in the sewer of S.E. Asia sick.gif

The Mekong is known as one of the cleanest rivers in the world for it's size. There are very few cities of any size and little industrial pollution. The brown color is caused by suspended silt particles, not pollution.

I don't think you would have much problem fishing in Nakhon Phanom/Mukdahan if you found the right boatman and paid the upfront. Whether you would catch any fish?????? But you could have your photo taken in the market with some whopper.

The Mekong is known as one of the cleanest rivers in the world for it's size. There are very few cities of any size and little industrial pollution. The brown color is caused by suspended silt particles, not pollution.

Is this a joke, the Mekong is actually the most polluted waterway in the world, I wouldn't touch what they call Fresh Water Basa aka Cat Fish.

Thanks for the replies the stingrays look like fun to catch, look a little like skate, that were nailed to the mast of ships in the olden times and the sailors used to have sex with them. Strange but true, the genitalia is supposed to be similar to the real thing, most bizarre.

Is this a joke, the Mekong is actually the most polluted waterway in the world, I wouldn't touch what they call Fresh Water Basa aka Cat Fish.

Depends on where you live, by the time it gets down to my house it is clean as a whistle, Phu Ninh Vietnamclap2.gif

​But I disagree, the Mekong is not the most polluted river in the world, the Ganges in India has that distinction.

The Mekong is not even in the top twenty - Google is my best friend

And where did you get your information please?

Thanks for the replies the stingrays look like fun to catch, look a little like skate, that were nailed to the mast of ships in the olden times and the sailors used to have sex with them. Strange but true, the genitalia is supposed to be similar to the real thing, most bizarre.

Just wondering from where you know all these details? How was your last one?

If your ever in Mukdahan they have a great fishing park named after the famous Bungsamran in Bangkok. It's a great place to spend the day and you will catch fish. I caught Pacu, Catfish and Carp. I spend a few days there and met some great new friends among the local Thai lads. You can ask a local or try to spot it on google maps. It's up the hill that is right in front of the big water tower. The food is great and cheap delivered to your cabana by e-bike. The cost to fish is only about 60 Baht. Bring your own gear. Total cost for a day with food and drink would be 600 baht maybe. No double pricing for falang. You pay what they pay.

The small ones are in Mukdahan and the big ones are at Bungsamran in Bangkok. That was way more money but the wife and I spent the day there. Total bill with food, beer, bait, rod rental and a guide to help us was about 5000 baht.

If you need help to find the park let me know or email me.

tony87 at gmail.com

cheers,

Tony

post-15633-0-77715700-1461601130_thumb.j

post-15633-0-40812600-1461601168_thumb.j

post-15633-0-56070300-1461601194_thumb.j

post-15633-0-68918900-1461601220_thumb.j

Archived