What can I expect when I take my Motorcyle test/exam next month in Surin?

Kiteboy57

I do not hold a UK motorbike license, but now have my Thai car driving licence (simple as I already held UK version.

So when I go for this test, what will I be confronted with in terms of any written and practical tests?

Thanks in advance guys

KB

Last July I had the same situation.

Having Thai car DL, doing motorcycle license from scratch.

Had to do the full program.

1) Physical tests (color blindness, reaction).

2) Theory test.

3) "Driving test" (3 min circling on yard).

For theory test (45 correct out of 50) there is information in the pinned thread.

There is set of only 90 questions out of which the 50 questions are randomized by the computerized test.

Swotting required!

I don't think the theory test will be waived.

1) and 3) 100%.

I leave out the other details (paperwork, boring tutoring/video watching).

Be aware that some DLTs are crowded and have a long queue for appointment.

I had to wait 3 weeks.

Edited by KhunBENQ

sometimes the obvious answer is the wrong answer.

Yep.

And at least two questions are plain wrong without a factually correct answer.

You have to memorize the "correct" answer.

Very poorly reviewed.

Be aware that some DLTs are crowded and have a long queue for appointment.

I had to wait 3 weeks.

I overlooked "next month" in the title. Seems you have an appointment already.

Thanks for all the replies and info guys, great help. I tried the online driving test and wow, what a mixed up world they live in, first attempt produced 69 out of 90, so work to do and throw out the UK highway code, clearly not something Thais abide by here, especially when it comes to crossing in front of other vehicles to get where you want to go, total joke and small wonder the number of accidents that happen over here. Still gotta play their game, at least for purposes of getting my licence :)

KB

Lol, enjoy the day of the life being sucked out of you. I can add though that the 'Thai driving test online' that 90 questions thing is that in my test 47 of the 50 questions I had on the day are in this 90, thus logically the range of questions is far less than a Thai gets at I believe 1100 possibles obviously with combinations thereto.... I reckon the English content doesn't exceed 70, barring other wrong choices (unless I was super lucky eh).

I managed 49/50 in 8 minutes (you are allowed an hour lol) and I believe the one I got wrong was question 51 in the online test you can practice as I went for the wrong answer (4 pics of parking) as wrong in the online test so I was thinking they messed that one up too but erm not lol. The other 3 that I hadn't seen before appeared easy and logical to answer.

So swat up on those 90 and do it till you get 90 out of 90 a couple of times a day or two before test and you should be fine. Good luck.

Edited by KhruGin

One question asks 'where can you legally park' out of the 4 possible answers, 2 of the answers shows a car park, and another shows a layby at the side of the road, ridiculously the answer is NOT the car park.