Do They Have Bottled Water In Chiang Mai?

dgoz

Sure are a lot of the newer generation of ex-pats who can't handle a traditional Thai WC without bringing along some TP or would probably, the guys at least, not know how to correctly tie a phakamaa. And judging from this thread and some other recent threads, the ways and correct manners of usage of a traditional Thai commode remain a mystery to many on these boards. Needless to say, knowing such mysteries removes the need to travel with TP in hand. Yet trust me fellows, squatting in and of itself, without further action taken, as suggested on this thread, is not recommended.

At home my children drop their shorts and underpants before disappearing into the toilet, to squat.

No need for training in the military, their mother taught them right from the start. :o

Sure are a lot of the newer generation of ex-pats who can't handle a traditional Thai WC without bringing along some TP or would probably, the guys at least, not know how to correctly tie a phakamaa. And judging from this thread and some other recent threads, the ways and correct manners of usage of a traditional Thai commode remain a mystery to many on these boards.

Perhaps just as well? :o

Squatting doesn't seem very conducive to reading the newspaper. And forget abouot doing the crossword. :D

I have read many a newspaper quite comfortably whilst using the traditional Thai commode in my home. But methinks that reading a newspaper in the WC is not a Thai cultural trait.