4 traffic policemen suspended in connection with missing traffic tickets

webfact

It is far more convenient to put a few notes in the ticket book and go on your way than reporting to the station, paying more and returning with a receipt. Not that I've ever done this. Now my wife is another story but that's between two Thais and none of my concern.

You're right it is more convenient, but if you continue to do it then you are contributing to the corruption.

Better to do it the right way and not get involved in paying cash to the Officer on the roadside. Better still have your ducks in a rows and try and make sure you comply so there's nothing to fine you for.

Did you ever pay a fine officially? Suppose you drive from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and you get a fine somewhere around Phitchit, the police will keep your drivers license and you will need to go to their police station to pay the fine. Since you don't know when the police guy will drop your license at their station, you better wait until next morning. So what will you do?

Pay for sure but a honest policeman trying to help you would turn the ticket and the fine in to the police station. Personally i love these guys!

But our beloved leader and his junta stamped out corruption last year time army took over from police to complete the corruption wipe out. must have a nephew in need of a job chief of Thai police

Improvement to the Police force not at all. Just more tea for his family!