Watana may face charge in military court if he refuses to shut up

webfact

Politicians have been told to suspend their actyivities since the coup, could it be that they are seen as the root cause and are responsible for creating the mess in the first place, I have not forgotten the murders that were taking place daily in Bangkok while the police were ordered by the sitting PTP government to do nothing ........politicians

Yawn. I think your record has a crack in it pal.

He has done enough. He doesn't have any chance in a military court. It is not worth 2 or 3 years in jail. His only option is silence.

I think you are right most don't want to see him jailed as an "example" and that's the way it's heading. He's a man of principal and now a prisoner of conscience but better to comply with the Junta for now.

He is a troublemaker who wants to be a martyr... give him enough rope... and check his bank accounts... It's because of people just like him that Thailand has a Junta in charge... Every single Thai person rich or poor is entitled to their own views...No need to go out and shout about those personal thoughts ... keep quiet young man or become a pop singer....

Yes, best just to lay quietly on his back with his arms and legs in the air. Maybe the junta will come and tickle his tummy for being such a good boy.

He has done enough. He doesn't have any chance in a military court. It is not worth 2 or 3 years in jail. His only option is silence.

I think you are right most don't want to see him jailed as an "example" and that's the way it's heading. He's a man of principal and now a prisoner of conscience but better to comply with the Junta for now.

Can you elaborate on what distinguishes this politician as a "man of principal" with some specific references?

I'll except he's a PTP stooge, making a point against the Junta who forcibly removed his party from running things "their way".

But please show me, where he's demonstrated he his a man of principal in any other situation or spoken out against clear wrong doings.

Did he stand up for free speech when a cartoonist was threatened and hounded by the DSI for ridiculing Yingluck? Or when the police chief Khun Pissit announced that just clicking "like" on any comment that criticized PTP could get you prosecuted under the Computer Crimes Act?

I think, that whilst what he's saying is right, his motives are highly questionable.

Motives shouldn't enter into it. He voiced an opinion on the charter and is now undergoing AA and could be charged in a military court for not coming into line with the junta. That should be plainly wrong in anybody's book.

In the light of the current crackdown on Charter opponents, can we now expect the arrest and incarceration of Democratic Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, who has been far more publicly outspoken on the Charter's alleged flaws, than Kuhn Watana?

Or is it just members of the party which won a landslide victory at the last general election who are to be witch-hunted for every contrary word they utter?

The increasingly tortuous and bizarre path to "Thai-style" democracy reminds one of the yellow brick road in Frank L.Baum's biting political satire The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (No prizes for guessing who the Munchkins might be).

One wonders whether any members of the current administration are familiar with the story - which, of course, ends with Dorothy and her gullible travelling companions unmasking the Wizard as an insignificant fraud with no magical powers whatsoever- and what moral they might draw from it..

Politicians have been told to suspend their actyivities since the coup, could it be that they are seen as the root cause and are responsible for creating the mess in the first place, I have not forgotten the murders that were taking place daily in Bangkok while the police were ordered by the sitting PTP government to do nothing ........politicians

Who murdered who?Are you mixing up the colors?

He is a troublemaker who wants to be a martyr... give him enough rope... and check his bank accounts... It's because of people just like him that Thailand has a Junta in charge... Every single Thai person rich or poor is entitled to their own views...No need to go out and shout about those personal thoughts ... keep quiet young man or become a pop singer....

Yeah right,check his bank accounts,because if you try to check the bank accounts of current government you end up dead.And just by the way why he can't go out and shout his personal thoughts?

The NCPO is making Myanmar look like a democratic paradise.

Just when you think the Junta can't further corrupt the principles of democracy, it digs ever deeper to undermine the House of Thailand.

Suu Kyi is all about democracy , don't belittle her governments efforts against this Junta in Thailand, to compare both is like chalk and cheese , when it comes to leadership skills.

This act is a sure fire way to p-ss the Thai people off. This Military court system suc-s. What about a court by the people and for the people. The Democratic way not the Chinese way or the Russian way!