Enough Water Until End of June According to Chiang Mai Irrigation Department

webfact

Enough Water Until End of June According to Irrigation Department
by CityNews

Mae-Ngat-Dam-1024x680.jpg

CityNews – The Irrigation Department of Chiang Mai announced that there is enough water reserves to last us until the end of June after recent water volume reports were submitted on April 19.

Jansark Limpiti, Director of Chiang Mai Irrigation, said that the latest information from Mae Ngat dam and Mae Kuang dam shows the dams at 14.77% and 9.35% capasity respectively.

This translates to around 39 million cubic metres of water at Mae Ngat dam. 14.4 million cubic metres will be needed to release into the Ping river to support ecology and agriculture, but the remainder can be used for consumption.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/enough-water-end-june-according-irrigation-department/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-04-21

Has anyone thought to address the problem of what happens after the water runs out in June?

What is the backup plan if there is not enough rainwater to replenish the reservoir?

Another compelling reason to seek refuge elsewhere...

Has anyone thought to address the problem of what happens after the water runs out in June?

What is the backup plan if there is not enough rainwater to replenish the reservoir?

Another compelling reason to seek refuge elsewhere...

A Back-up Plan ??

Are you perhaps a COMEDY SCRIPT Writer ?

This IS THAILAND and you ask about a Back-Up Plan... 5,5,5 !

When I read such reports, I ask myself several questions.

1. what happens to the person who makes these statements if he/she is proven wrong?

**** this suggests "accountability"

Why bother listing the other questions if no-one is held accountable?

*** the comment from above regarding a "back-up plan" strikes to the heart of this very matter

To a large extent managers of this nation cannot be fully to blame as they are ill-equipped amateurs being asked to spin-doctor the "happiness" theme

Southern California and much of the South West USA are in a similar predicament. In fact Jerry Brown the governor got a bill passed to remove 3 reservoirs costing the taxpayers millions. Similar stuff in Oregon. Madness pure and simple.

When I read such reports, I ask myself several questions.

1. what happens to the person who makes these statements if he/she is proven wrong?

**** this suggests "accountability"

Why bother listing the other questions if no-one is held accountable?

*** the comment from above regarding a "back-up plan" strikes to the heart of this very matter

To a large extent managers of this nation cannot be fully to blame as they are ill-equipped amateurs being asked to spin-doctor the "happiness" theme

" what happens to the person who makes these statements if he/she is proven wrong?"

oh they will probably get a discreet transfer to TAT To forecast tourist arrival figuresgigglem.gif