Raising the bar

sensei

I came across this rather infuriating job advert on one site.

What other requirements will they come up next?

Candidates Qualifications

#Bachelors Degree required (Minimum)
#Native English Speakers BOTH Race and Nationality

School Presentation : Just take a couple minutes to see our campus on this >>> https://www.youtube.com/xxxxxxxxx

DON"T BE HESITATE TO SEND E-MAIL TO US :

It's not enough that you have a passport from a specific country but you should also posses the correct color.

This is absurd to say the least.

Yes, I saw this before on the 'main' website where you'd look for a teaching job in Thailand (not naming any names)

Owner of website said he wouldn't allow this, but I guess he's being obtuse with this one cos money trumps all.

So it is not enough that a teacher holds a passport from the countries considered NES but the teachers should also LOOK like one.

DON"T BE HESITATE TO SEND E-MAIL TO US :

BTW, her grammar is as bad...

Yes, I saw this before on the 'main' website where you'd look for a teaching job in Thailand (not naming any names)

Owner of website said he wouldn't allow this, but I guess he's being obtuse with this one cos money trumps all.

That site allows pretty much everything.

Posts there have requirements based on

nationality, race, age, color, etc...

Maybe we should consider this from the Thai perspective. Some groups seem to have a chip on their shoulders which the Thai's pick up very quickly. The Thai don't want to have to deal with this for months on end and really don't care to have them around their young people either. The Thai are well aware of the problems that Western countries have with certain groups of people and they really don't understand why Westerns get upset when they don't wish to have these problems as well.

Yeah, we all know.

I handle all final applications for employment on my IT staff here in Malaysia and always get a chuckle when i encounter the required fields, which include age, gender, race, religion, questions of health, etc... At one time we asked the same in the West.

Archived