Your Opinion Deeply Appreciated......

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

Here's a wonderful example of a job advertisement that makes my blood boiling,

: We are offering short term 5 month contracts or longer term 10 month contracts which will include 2 weeks of paid holidays during October. A competitive salary up to 34,000 Baht, business visa application arranged by the company and a financial contribution to your business visa as well as a company funded work permit. We offer our teachers a free orientation training course and assist you in finding suitable accommodation. We do everything we can to make you feel welcome, prepared and settled once you arrive in Thailand.

( What they forgot to write is: We'll do everything to fill our wallets and we don't give a damn about you, when reading between the lines.)

And i thought that only prostit..aeeh they don't exist in Thailand, offer short, or longtime. facepalm.gif

I think a five month contract would be a sure way to get a proper salary review after five months. Unfortunately, most of the paperwork is geared to an annual basis. I think the constant complaining about Summer pay is testament to weak management skills. Do you really think they are paying you extra? Wouldn't it be better to demand more for 10 months, and not have known cheaters/fraudsters/welshers owing you money? Lifetime employment disappeared in the 80s. Get over it.

Archived