The Nation

linglop

My ability to read The Nation on line is being obstructed by a flash advertisement by KTC whoever they are. If I click the Exit box, I get a grey box which moves down the screen as I attempt to read the newspaper. I am using flash player 9.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this nuisance?

Many thanks

I had the same problem this morning after clicking the exit box. I moved my mouse pointer to a blank area at the side of my screen, clicked, and it went away. I just tried it again and the popup disappears each time i click the exit box. weird.

......Any ideas on how to get rid of this nuisance?.......
You may need to adjust your "Flash" settings. To do so, you will need to go to the Adobe (Macromedia) website's "Settings Manager", HERE.

Read the instructions and review your settings in:

* Global Privacy Settings Panel

* Global Storage Settings Panel

* Global Security Settings Panel

* Global Notifications Settings Panel

* Website Privacy Settings Panel

* Website Storage Settings Panel

EXAMPLE > GlobalSettings.jpg

(NOTE: When viewing above settings, you are actually looking at your computer's flash settings. Click the tabs to see different panels, and click the options in the panels if you want to change your Flash Player settings. Before making any changes, it is recommended you write down the current setting(s) in the event you may wish to "go back".)

waldwolf

The ad does not appear when using Nation lite so I shall stick to that. many thanks.

I have been to the Macromedia website to change flash player settings but to no avail. i.e. with a restart and a change of settings the problem still manifests itself.

The ad does not appear when using Nation lite so I shall stick to that. many thanks.

I have been to the Macromedia website to change flash player settings but to no avail. i.e. with a restart and a change of settings the problem still manifests itself.

If you use Firefox, install the AdBlock extension (Firefox - Tools - Addons menu option and search for Adblock) and use it to filter out 99% of advertising.

For the Nation site, bring up the page in Firefox (with AdBlock installed) and press Ctrl-Shift-F to remove all Flash adverts, or better still, press Ctrl-Shift-A to see a list of ALL advertising and be able to remove them one by one etc.

:o

Seems now I see the same grey box others have been seeing using Firefox. However using Avant (uses the IE engine) it shows up without the grey box and hitting the eXit button closes correctly.

I have IE Tabs for Firefox installed and added the Nation to the list and now it behaves normally and no more grey box and exits correctly.

:o Does the problem appear on particular links in their website or anywhere on their site? If it's in a few particular links, could you please post them here.

Just looked at the source code of the main page and there are several .swf flash calls in it. In the lite edition there are none. Seems to be a problem with Firefox's Flash plugin not working quite right, IE is no problem.