Documentation Of University Degree

In assisting foreigners with obtaining work permits, my company has recently seen a marked increase in the number of clients seelking work permits, and who claim to be University graduates (and their demeanor and experience profiles suggest that they really are university graduates) - but - they are unable to document their highest educational credentials - because college diplomas/transcripts are in permanent storage in some remote corner of the world, and effectively inaccessible.

Well, proof of a university degree is not an absolute requirement for most jobs in Thailand - there is an alternative documentation process at the Work Permit Office. But - here is a small tip concerning how the Labor Ministry folks view the situation:

If someone leaves their home country, travels to a distant foreign country (on a one-way basis, to stay) that has significant regulatory restrictions on employment, REALLY IS A UNIVERSITY GRADUATE, and fails to bring any supporting documentation with him to verify that he has graduated from university, then he probably lacks the common sense to be a good candidate for being successful in Thailand. Subconsciously, the officials become less inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt in other matters

So - all you gents who are day-dreaming about chucking your stifling "life in a box" in some drab metropolis somewhere, and coming to Thailand to find a new life - well, that's entirely your call, and I won't try to discourage you. But - if you spent the time, effort, and money to complete a University education, then I suggest that you bring your sheepskin along for the ride (and I'm not talking about the prophylactic kind).

In addition to the Thai government, there are actually some employers here who might like to take a look at your educational credentials.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

If you are really a University Graduate then it is not difficult to get proof.

Contact your University and ask for the appropriate documentation.

The application forms, and contact names can usually be found on the internet.

You will have to provide proof of Indentity and pay a fee.

Hi everyone,

In my experience here is the process (switzerland)

1) I asked my University a "transcript" (that's how it's called) of my degree. It's a document in English showing your grade, the subjects that you studied and your degree.

2) I brought the transcript to the competent local chancellery (the one of the Canton where my University is located) for legalization.

3) I brought the legalized transcript to the Thai embassy in Switzerland for legalization.

In Thailand, as far as the document is in English and got the "Krood" stamp of a Thai embassy, it is ok. Would be a good idea to do this before to come to Thailand.

Good luck everyone.

Hi everyone,

In my experience here is the process (switzerland)

1) I asked my University a "transcript" (that's how it's called) of my degree. It's a document in English showing your grade, the subjects that you studied and your degree.

2) I brought the transcript to the competent local chancellery (the one of the Canton where my University is located) for legalization.

3) I brought the legalized transcript to the Thai embassy in Switzerland for legalization.

In Thailand, as far as the document is in English and got the "Krood" stamp of a Thai embassy, it is ok. Would be a good idea to do this before to come to Thailand.

Good luck everyone.

You did it very correctly. Good for you. :o