Car Park Tip

Boxer

If it looks busy as you approach and get near the Car Parks Entrance follow the signs to Hotel and enter Car Park from ground floor and go up to park. There is a lift on terminal side of Car Park so luggage no problem before you cross the bridges to Terminal.

Entrance is so slow at Car Park entrances and then all want to find parking at top floor in Chaos go down asap for more spaces.

If it looks busy as you approach and get near the Car Parks Entrance follow the signs to Hotel and enter Car Park from ground floor and go up to park. There is a lift on terminal side of Car Park so luggage no problem before you cross the bridges to Terminal.

Entrance is so slow at Car Park entrances and then all want to find parking at top floor in Chaos go down asap for more spaces.

Boxer

I've not yet been through the new airport but did make a recon of the place this past Thursday. Comment on parking:

Driving in to the airport there's two signs: "Car Park" and "Parking Lots."

Taking the "Car Park" route brings you around to the right to the 5th floors of Car Park 1 (which is handy for domestic) and Car Park 2 (handy for international). Exit for both, is I think (at least that's the way I had to do it after wandering around on the 4th floor looking for the "exit" sign) is on the ground floor.

Taking the "Parking Lots" sign has you dipping down to the left to the ground floor level entrances of both Car Parks ! & 2, handy.

There are also two pretty large outdoor parking lots adjacent to Car Parks 1 & 2. These are not covered parking so a tad damp in the rainy season, hot too, in your car. But these are a good option if you're picking up a group and need to load baggage on your rooftop rack.

FYI, parking in Car Parks 1 & 2 has a sign for 2.20 meters, just enough for my Toyota van with a roof rack. I couldn't park inside at Don Muang, OK at Suvarnabhumi.

Next recon will scout out the Long Term Parking situation.

Mac