loosing interest in the game.

meatboy

Pretty soon ' smart' managers and players will be using referalls tactically 'Oh, 5 mins to go and were under real pressure, no worries i've still got a referal left that'll help take the pressure off.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The clock would stop and if the present pattern is anything to go by the referrals will be used when needed...why waste one tactically when you might need it if a contentious decision pops up in injury time?

1 each a half they would be used for major decisions only i should imagine that is the reason to only give 1 a half to stop it being used tactically.

I am all for it!

1 each half, so you challenge a decision in the 46th minute, which the replay shows you were right to query. However, you now have to play virtually a whole half, unable to challenge any more decisions, and having to accept every decision, however contentious, made by the officials.

yep same as tennis.the main one i like is the refs to be miked up that would stop a lot instantly...just like the white line powder did.
Got no objections to Live mikes, ref get far to much abuse.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^"The refs should get miked up for one... all these cowardly footballers would soon stop the back chatting". I'm totally in agreement with that; wouldn't be a bad thing if only captains csn converse with ref but have to stop conversing when the ref tells them, and calling the ref "sir" - it works so well in rugby that football should copy it.

Pretty soon ' smart' managers and players will be using referalls tactically 'Oh, 5 mins to go and were under real pressure, no worries i've still got a referal left that'll help take the pressure off.

The clock would stop and if the present pattern is anything to go by the referrals will be used when needed...why waste one tactically when you might need it if a contentious decision pops up in injury time?

1 each a half they would be used for major decisions only i should imagine that is the reason to only give 1 a half to stop it being used tactically.

I am all for it!

Yes one goes against the team and that's it....sounds fair per half to me.

I agree and understand both sides of the argument. One doesn't want to stop or slow the flow of the game and the other wants to "eliminate" ref mistakes.

There are technological advances being done and tested. One in particular that will help a lot already is the goal line camera. To accurately confirm if a ball has crossed the line or not is a great thing to eliminate a possible awful call by the ref and a major influence of the game...without slowing the game down one bit.

As for diving, I think a good solution would be ( assuming the ref doesn't catch it during the game ) to ban the player for the following game.

It's just an idea and punishment severity can be adjusted :). I think this would intimidate some diving, as there is no real consequence at the moment for diving.

I have a question regarding "miking up the ref"....what does that mean? As far as I know they are already miked up...at least with the linesmen and 4th official.

Everybody can hear the ref and the players speaking same as rugby.Obviously the fans at the game will not be able to hear it but as all higher divisions are televised then it can be done through the TV audio systems.

well guys all of you against just wait till just say england play the likes of spain or italy in euro 2016,i wonder what you will say if bad decisions go against you.

you can swear and curse in front of the telle.as much as you want,COS NO ONE WILL HEAR YOU.well thats what the wife tells me.

Footballs lawmakers approve live trials for video technology to aid referees

Fifas Gianni Infantino hails historic decision by international board

Board rules out for now idea of managers being able to challenge decisions

Its a period of testing we dont want to spoil fluidity of the game

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/05/football-live-trials-video-technology-referees-gianni-infantino

Yeah who trusts that crook, he's probably got a nice fat bribe ready to bank in return for awarding a contract to someone.

So you didn't read the link then. It was the proven crook Plattini who was AGAINST the use of technology but it was the International FA Board in Cardiff who have given it the go ahead for trials, not Infantino

Yeah who trusts that crook, he's probably got a nice fat bribe ready to bank in return for awarding a contract to someone.

So you didn't read the link then. It was the proven crook Plattini who was AGAINST the use of technology but it was the International FA Board in Cardiff who have given it the go ahead for trials, not Infantino

The IFAB are scared shitless they will get booted out, so they will always do whatever they are told.

The IFAB are scared shitless they will get booted out, so they will always do whatever they are told.

And I don't know where you got Platini from, I was commenting on:

And I don't know where you got Platini from, I was commenting on:

Because you said "who trusts that crook" and that he probably got a bribe. I was stating that it was Platini who was against technology and he is the proven crook not Infantino

I'm not losing interest in the game, but I am losing interest in the video ref debate!

There is nothing to debate anyway, they're doing it.

Makes it a more attractive product to sell, doesn't it?

more sponsorship real estate to sell, more sponsored replays on TV, even bet on the outcome of the decision query in-game with bet365 and their mates. more revenues for the 'product'.

basically i think anyone who wants to undermine referees and have matches refereed by sky sports or robbie <deleted> savage from a tv studio is a bloody idiot really.

I'm not losing interest in the game, but I am losing interest in the video ref debate!

Imo no. It'll only water down what i'm into , that is free flowing uninterupted football with the drama and intensify that provides. not the tv debate around the rights or wrongs of an off side decision, , if its introduced and progresses , after coachs like fat Sam constantly moaning, ones just not enough that in xx years teams will be able to have ?? Referrals, then it might well end my interest at the very least reduce it.

basically i think anyone who wants to undermine referees and have matches refereed by sky sports or robbie <deleted> savage from a tv studio is a bloody idiot really.

"And Van Gaal is going to the Axa Insurance review, let's just take a short break......"

more sponsorship real estate to sell, more sponsored replays on TV, even bet on the outcome of the decision query in-game with bet365 and their mates. more revenues for the 'product'.

How is it undermining referees?

There will be an official in the stand doing the reviews who will also be a referee ...really dont know where you pulled Sky Sports and Robbie Savage from starting to sound like a tabloid with your imagination.Keep to the facts.

^ ok fact its not needed refs are accurate enough only deemed needed by bloody idiots who WITHOUT REALISING IT care more about what media pundits say than they do about the game.

Correct and even in the 20/20 i just watched it was great to see ALL the decisions that needed to go upstairs and it only added to the game but of course cricket is not football.

Everyone has there own ideas but i wouldnt go as far as calling people idiots cos they have an opinion especially from my keyboard.

There will be an official in the stand doing the reviews who will also be a referee ...really dont know where you pulled Sky Sports and Robbie Savage from starting to sound like a tabloid with your imagination.Keep to the facts.

it by definition undermines the referee. because the final decision should be his and his alone. if you're going to start officiating from the stand you'll end up not needing one on the pitch. they get 95% of decisions correct. if only players scored as highly.

^^ if only the rest of the. Working world got 95% of its decisions right, don't think we'd be moaning about them more likely to be promoted and held up as a shining example. Whereas football,, or should i say rather.media led idiots chooses to ,,,,, as Steve says effectively say.they ain't good enough . ..<deleted> !!!!

Edited by rijit

Mr Red, some of these guys clearly are unaware how in rugby the video ref HELPS the ref (when the ref isnt sure of the decision to make, he asks the video ref a very clear yes/no question to review and advise him upon) and DOESN'T UNDERMINE the ref. Unreal!

And rugby doesn't have issues with players constantly baracking referees and or coaches constantly looking to blame others for their teams or their teams failing and or a media effected fan base that ain't that bright, you only have to look at how much bollacks from the gutter press that believed and reguritaded on here to realise that.

As i said b4 imo this will soon be another tool to use tactically and ultimately it'll water down football, pandering to media and its led idiots. And if that 'cap feels like it fits ' than not my issue, look at your reasoning and improve it, not threaten others all that does is make my observation even more valid.or don't you see that?

Edited by rijit

it by definition undermines the referee. because the final decision should be his and his alone. if you're going to start officiating from the stand you'll end up not needing one on the pitch. they get 95% of decisions correct. if only players scored as highly.

All other sports that use technology still have the ref/umpire on the pitch and I have never heard of them feeling undermined, why would football be any different? The ref would still be required to officiate the game and technology only used to assist the referees in making the right decision.

Try as I might, I can't find that 95% statistic anywhere

Mr Red, some of these guys clearly are unaware how in rugby the video ref HELPS the ref (when the ref isnt sure of the decision to make, he asks the video ref a very clear yes/no question to review and advise him upon) and DOESN'T UNDERMINE the ref. Unreal!

And rugby doesn't have issues with players constantly baracking referees and or coaches constantly looking to blame others for their teams or their teams failing and or a media effected fan base that ain't that bright, you only have to look at how much bollacks from the gutter press that believed and reguritaded on here to realise that.

As i said b4 imo this will soon be another tool to use tactically and ultimately it'll water down football, pandering to media and its led idiots. And if that 'cap feels like it fits ' than not my issue, look at your reasoning and improve it, not threaten others all that does is make my observation even more valid.or don't you see that?

I feel you are discussing something completely different. How can the referees use of the video ref be used tactically? Players barracking the officials can easily be cut out as mentioned earlier.