3 Shot, 1 Killed in Phra Pradaeng Songkran Celebration

webfact

3 Shot, 1 Killed in Phra Pradaeng Songkran Celebration
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14615595811461559597l.jpg
Police inspect the scene where gunfire erupted and a man was killed Sunday evening during the traditional Raman Songkran festival in Samut Prakan.

SAMUT PRAKAN — A man died last night when bullets were sprayed instead of water during a Songkran celebration in southern metro Bangkok’s Phra Pradaeng area.

During the water festival celebrated by the Mon community in Samut Prakan on Sunday evening, Kittikorn Kaewprung, 25, was shot to death during the water fight by a man in a pick-up truck. Two of his friends were injured.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1461559581

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-04-25

And here is me foolishly thinking that unlike the past week we might have a murder free day in the news. Alas it was not to be and another young victim has had his life cut short. Lawlessness and disorder seems to be trying to define the lowest level it can go to in Thailand. Unlike road deaths where the sky is the limit.

Some people object to having water thrown over them while they are heading out for the evening. Some more than others.

Did you bother to read the full story?

"Witnesses told police Kittikorn and his two friends were drunk when they sexually harassed a woman on a pick-up truck as it passed the entrance of Soi Suksawat 64. Another man in the truck became angry, drew a .38-caliber pistol and shot all three of them."

...ahm...that would be the 24th of April and merely 10 days after "the real" Songkran!

....I am lost for words....

Hmm....

"Phra Pradaeng’s Songkran, also known asSongkran Paklat, is a traditional New Year festival of the Thai Raman, or ethnic Mon, living in Samut Prakan. It’s usually held about a week after the Thai New Year festival."

Edited by BigBadGeordie

...ahm...that would be the 24th of April and merely 10 days after "the real" Songkran!

Hmm....

"Phra Pradaeng’s Songkran, also known asSongkran Paklat, is a traditional New Year festival of the Thai Raman, or ethnic Mon, living in Samut Prakan. It’s usually held about a week after the Thai New Year festival."

That's what I meant!

Not only does the "normal" Songkran range from 2 to I-don't-know-how-many-days, starting on 13th, ending on whenever...now it's all different ethnicities having their own Songkran?

Hmm....

That's what I meant!

Not only does the "normal" Songkran range from 2 to I-don't-know-how-many-days, starting on 13th, ending on whenever...now it's all different ethnicities having their own Songkran?

It's a matter of which calendar they are following, similarly to the differences in observing Easter among Orthodox/Catholic christians. smile.png

Edited by kotsak

Hmm....

That's what I meant!

It's a matter of which calendar they are following, similarly to the differences in observing Easter among Orthodox/Catholic christians. smile.png

You mean, except for the killings?!