Drinking to Oblivion BBC Documentary

gerryBScot

This Louis Theroux production aired last night in the UK and is available through all the usual suspects. It basically tells the story of a group of drinkers seeking help through their local hospital services in South London. The one hour long documentary features all of Theroux's hallmarks as a documentary maker - he really has the capacity to get people to talk in front of the camera. Just thought a few on here might be interested in this so will say no more to avoid any spoiling.

'Drinking too much' is an oxymoron isn't it? No such thing, is there?

By the way, i didn't see the programme, sorry.

You are posting an idiotic, insensitive post on a forum where you obviously don't belong.

...or maybe Johnniey he's in the right place!

You are posting an idiotic, insensitive post on a forum where you obviously don't belong.

...or maybe Johnniey he's in the right place!

He obviously doesn't realize he is in the right place.

Many of us are very familiar with his denial.

drinking too much- it's my hobbybiggrin.png

Hi SummerHaze and welcome to the forum.

As a 'newbie' I suspect that you aren't familiar with how to check the forum that you are posting on.

Look under the THAIVISA logo on the top left and follow the arrows all the way to the right.

You will then realise that your post was less than appropriate.

I've blundered too.

On the contrary - he sounds like he's in the right place.

• 3 weeks later...

If there is one thing more boring than a drunk it's somebody going on and on about how they gave it up

...and, thai3, just to make you happy, I am 13 years clear of it tomorrow.

It was a very interesting doc. I lost concentration at the last bit when they were looking at the blood tests, the binge drinker was sky high on a few bits compared to his "steadier" brother, does anyone remember what they are please??

Drinking too much does not bore me, the reformed drunks do though and rarely do they have a sense of humour.

You've been told that your comments are insensitive given the specific forum you have chosen to troll.....

A genuinely decent person would apologise and move along.

These topics are interesting and highly valuable for those suffering from alcoholism or suffering the effect of living with those dealing with alcoholism.

No one is interested in your opinion if you've nothing of value to add - You will be far better received in the 'Pub forum' or 'Bedlam'

• 2 months later...

Archived