Dutch man's "Suicide" in Thailand a possible murder case

snoop1130

So many of my expat friends who lived in Thailand over the past 18 years have all faded away to live in other countries now.Most of them felt their personal safety was the main reason for change of location and when you read this type of death report you can understand people's thinking got off all these years odds are must be my turn soon time to move on

A bit dramatic.

I know a lot more people have been murdered in my home country, over your 18 year period.

Also, with regards to your friends who have 'moved on', had they stayed here, I would think they would still be alive, barring death by natural causes.

A bit of a given that more farangs are murdered in thier home countries. How many Thais per year are murdered in individual farang countries compared to farangs in Thailand?

How many Thais build up a retirement fund and decide to retire abroad, in comparison to farangs retiring here ?

How many Thais decide to have a 2 week holiday bash abroad, in comparison to farangs coming here ?

I'm sorry, but your argument does not equate.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So many of my expat friends who lived in Thailand over the past 18 years have all faded away to live in other countries now.Most of them felt their personal safety was the main reason for change of location and when you read this type of death report you can understand people's thinking got off all these years odds are must be my turn soon time to move on

A bit dramatic.

I know a lot more people have been murdered in my home country, over your 18 year period.

Also, with regards to your friends who have 'moved on', had they stayed here, I would think they would still be alive, barring death by natural causes.

Dramatic indeed. I am quite curious as to where people with these kinds of attitudes have lived in Thailand.

If using Bangkok as an example, the typical farangs seem to keep gravitating towards Khao San road type places and the surrounding farang ghettos.

Strange by my thinking, as they want to have the Asian experience but for some reason want to hang out and live in farang areas.

Its not rocket science to ascertain that in many cases it is the absolute dregs of the earth that inhabit these places.

The Thais in those places arent quality people either, and are not indicative of typical Thai people.

They are there for one thing and one thing only..to bottom feed off the dregs..by whatever means.

Its simply a recipe for "shlt to happen" and when they do eventually come to grips, they come away ranting about how Thailand is dangerous and gone to the pack.

Its a bit disingenuous to make your own stupid decisions on how to behave, where to live etc

and then tarnish the whole nation as thugs and no hopers when it all goes pear shaped.

Ironic that if they had chosen a suburban area (ie read: normal) their whole experience and overall outlook would be a lot different.

Actually its probably for the best they plss-off somewhere else.

On a positive note, i guess their rants are serving a purpose, and doing the rest of us a favour if it stops more of the same ilk from coming here

Edited by bamukloy

Dang...after years of sweeping all these foreigner deaths under the rug of suicide...I thought...finally they are going to do the right thing...but NO...it had to be an independent foreign investigation to conclude that the suicide may have been murder...

If I was the whistle-blower in this case...I would not return to Thailand...there might be another farang suicide to record...

Probably in the sea with a can of beer watching the stars when bang a fishing boat fishing for squid hits him, then the propeller cuts his head, knocked out cold he drowns. The fishing boat crew think they've hit a piece of wood.

After 2 years, what can anyone prove? The 4 inch cut into the back of his head must be a propeller. You don't stab people in the back of the head. Anyway that's enough armchair detective theories from me.

A good detective follows all leads possible with an open mind, and a good armchair detective should do the same.

So instead of just theorizing you could at least click the given link and read the article as the kind of "prove" is actually mentioned...

I think we can all agree the RTP has an awful reputation. Not only amongst foreigners - also Thais.

Corruption here isn't like corruption back in the west. What I mean is that of course it goes on in the west, but the people doing it know it's illegal and wrong. They're taking the risk because they think it's worth the reward.

In Thailand, especially with the RTP, corruption is a business model. It's the way things are done. As a foreigner, you're welcome to say that's how they do it here so let them crack on - fair enough. What isn't fair enough is too accuse fellow foreigners of being negative or 'anti-Thai' for simply mistrusting the police here as a rule of thumb. I know I do. I call it common sense.

Well said, I wonder if there will ever be a day when the Thai people say "enough is enough" and demand the Government do something about it?

In the government reforms they say they want to tackle corruption, well I wonder how a zero tolerance of Police corruption would go down?

A bit dramatic.

How do you know that? Thailand has not produced any official murder rate statistics for over 10 years! Unless you are from Colombia or El Salvador then ok.

It certainly feels like the murder rate here is high and the estimations that do exist support that.

I think we can all agree the RTP has an awful reputation. Not only amongst foreigners - also Thais.

Corruption here isn't like corruption back in the west. What I mean is that of course it goes on in the west, but the people doing it know it's illegal and wrong. They're taking the risk because they think it's worth the reward.

In Thailand, especially with the RTP, corruption is a business model. It's the way things are done. As a foreigner, you're welcome to say that's how they do it here so let them crack on - fair enough. What isn't fair enough is too accuse fellow foreigners of being negative or 'anti-Thai' for simply mistrusting the police here as a rule of thumb. I know I do. I call it common sense.

Well said, I wonder if there will ever be a day when the Thai people say "enough is enough" and demand the Government do something about it?

In the government reforms they say they want to tackle corruption, well I wonder how a zero tolerance of Police corruption would go down?

Haha... There'd be no one left to tackle the inevitable surge in crime...

GDP would plummet...

The economy would collapse...

And if you followed that success with the Miitary and the Government and its Agencies... !!

If he was as argumentative, pompous and obnoxious as some of our Dutch TV members i am sure there would be a long list of suspects wanting to swing a bottle of whiskey at head.

Hope they get to the bottem of this whatever circumstances transpire.

That is a pretty obnoxious remark from a simpleton with an agenda about a dead young man. You might also wish to run spell and grammar checker next time you post.

The report is sketchy in that it doesnt stipulate the time periods inbetween the guys various misadventures in Thailand.

It reads as if he is involved in an altercation shortly after arriving, ends up in hospital a week, gets out, and immediately ends up in trouble again and winds up dead.

the article seems to suggest a few possible scenarios:

1. The guy is a shlt magnet and/or the victim of a few random unlucky misadventures and brawls

2. He had a head injury and left the hospital dazed and confused and got into further trouble with alcohol or drugs

3. Everything that happened to him might have been related to the case he was investigating.

I wouldnt discard the hospital theory actually.

A lot of them are staffed by incompetants that ( for some unknown reason) have been known to treat head injury patients with cocktails of 3-4 very dangerous addictive anti-psychotic drugs that absolutely should not be mixed.

Some ( i say some) hospitals are the most dangerous places in Thailand if you are concussed or have a head injury. Absolute idiots.

Thai face is more important than life.

Especially a farang's life.

Suicide.

done.

First of all a name ending in "SKI" is not a Dutch name "SKI" ending means a Polack name. i.e. Bresinski the Polack Russian hater working for the Peanut Farmer. Most likely he is one of these 23% people in Nederland that are not of Dutch ancestry aka "Economic Emigrants". Being Polack means Roman Catholic, being from Breda is Noord Brabant predominantly RC province.

Secondly people from or residing in Nederland do not have to commit suicide. Nederland has legal UTINAZIA covered by Dutch Law.

Some Dutch people when in Thailand do stupid things i.e. getting boozed up and bungee jumping without a cord from high rise apartment buildings.

Oh well it takes all sorts to make a world.

LOL in LOS

Edited by swerver

Let's be honest, many Thais do not want us here.

Retirees and two week holiday makers were tolerated.

Now there are too many coming, and staying. And let's be honest, many are unwanted in their own countries.

It will get worse, before it gets better.

"Thai police believe he committed suicide..."

It is difficult to believe that Thai police could get something as serious as homicide wrong. When was the last time something like that happened?whistling.gif

What time is it?

rephrasing; when was the last time they didn't get it wrong ? Comes to mind another 'suicide' during the reign of square face, when several guys who had their hands bound behind their backs, were blindfolded, and then managed somehow to shoot themselves in the back. Police suggested suicide.

I've never in all my years and travels come across such an inept and useless group of individuals. Besides collecting money, what are these clowns good at?

Hmm, let me think........

Driving big bikes on restricted roadways, hitting concrete dividers causing the woman on the back to fall to her death?

Allegedly framing simple Burmese workers for brutal rapes and murders?

Allegedly shooting kids in the back?

Allegedly engaging in drug trafficking?

Allegedly engaging in extortion?

Running bars in Patong's entertainment district?

One was good enough to become PM of Thailand.

Pray tell me anyone if its not Murder how did he end up dead. Nobody gets out of hospital and commits suicide the same day. They say his blood alcohol was a low reading, did they test his blood for any drugs ? I think not. Its the Thai police's way of working things out KISS keep things simple stupid. Too hard to solve if they admit it was not suicide.