Thai citizen travel to Laos

A Thai can obtain a border pass that allows them to enter Laos for a 3 day stay.

Ii can be obtained for a fee of about 50 baht by showing their ID card at offices near the border crossing. Some travel agents can also do them.

• Like 1

It depends on where they are going and for what duration. At several border points, they can get a three-day pass that covers the immediate vicinity of the border point. For instance,it is possible to get a pass for Vientiane at the Friendship Bridge. This does not allow general travel in Laos.

• Like 1

Just to update.

Arrived at the Nong Khai border ar 6:00am but she couldn't get the 3 day pass until 7:30pm.

Charge was 100b.

Cleared Thai immigration and walked straight thru Lao immigration with the group we were with. No stamp. We questioned the woman about this and she said don't worry. So we didn't worry.

Coming back a guy from the visa company asked to see her 3 day pass and asked her where the entry stamp was. Explained to him what the woman had said.

Another foreigner there with his Thai girlfriend who had a passport had the same thing. No entry stamp into Laos.

The 4 of us exited Laos without a stamp in either ladies passport or 3 day pass.

Returned to Thailand.

Edited by Rayk

I took my partner across into Laos from Mukdahan to Savannakhet yesterday, 04/05/16.

She used her passport

She had to fill in the departure/arrival card to leave Thailand. Once at the Laos immigration at the other side of the Friendship Bridge she filled in the Laos arrival/departure card and paid 50 baht

Caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst drinking a cold beer

• Haha 1