A Must Have Items- For Monsoon Season?

teacup

Hi

What are some important/must have items you wish you should have bought along with you that are hard to find in Thailand and very useful during monsoon season?

I want to be readied and prepared to combat against this nature's little evil - for the next season.

I'm thinking about a inflatable canoe or a fishing bib – just in case I'm in a high flood area. Anything else?

Thanks in advance

teacup :o

I moved here 4 years ago, and the best things I brought with me were:

-Gortex jacket and pants

-waterproof nylon poncho that covers head to toe--works great for motorbikes

-a waterproof backpack cover--works great for all other kinds of bags and parcels in rainy season

I got all of the above at REI in the states. L.L. Bean also has these items via catalogue/internet order.

Of course, I still get around by motorbike 365 days a year here. If you're doing public transportation or an honest-to-goodness 4-wheel contraption, a good umbrella will do. By the way, I brought one of those huge 3-person golf umbrellas. Worth its weight in gold for walking with a friend in both rain and sunshine.

Hi

What are some important/must have items you wish you should have bought along with you that are hard to find in Thailand and very useful during monsoon season?

A waterproof set of 'implements' strapped to a lilo for an orthopaedic surgeon's use perhaps...? :o