EMS mail.

alanrchase

Anybody sent a letter internationally using EMS? I posted one to the UAE on 21 April. I have been checking the tracking on the Internet and the last update is for it having left the Bangkok export office on the 22 April. 5 days without another update. Is EMS normally that slow and what are the chances they have lost the letter?

I sent a birthday card home last Wednesday morning and it was received today in the afternoon in the UK. So pretty much 7 days. I have had a package lost before but that was during the political marches in BKK in Feb of 2014.

EMS tracking doesn't always update on the Thai tracking site. It links with other postal services abroad, so you have to check with them.

Just used another website which let's you select the country of delivery, selected UAE and it says delivered. Thanks for your advice.

EMS tracking doesn't always update on the Thai tracking site. It links with other postal services abroad, so you have to check with them.

Thanks for that info. I take it that it will update on delivery?

It might never. I've had this problem many times sending EMS to Philippines - it never updated on the Thailand tracking site when it left Thailand. You have to find your local postal services tracking site. Try this one:

http://www.ems.post/operators

Edit: I see in a post after I replied that you've found your parcel.

Edited by tropo

Sent an EMS letter to UK on 20th. April. Delivered to UK address on 28th. April - yesterday.

Tracking on Thailand Post Track & Trace showed it at Suvarnabhumi on 21st but then there was no update until the 'accepted in UK' posting on 27th. and 'delivered' on 28th. So it looks like there's a bit of a 'dead' period when nothing appears to happen.

Thailand T&T showed the entire process from posting to delivery while UK T&T showed only the UK part, as you'd expect.

Edited by MartinL

EMS is now ridiculous. Double price but 7 days at least to usa and uk.

This is why they offer 20% discount if you complain.

As an added bonus, complaining increases your chances of a 'lost parcel' by exactly 20%. Ironic for the complainers.

So it looks like there's a bit of a 'dead' period when nothing appears to happen.

Can't write about UK.

But for Germany the bottleneck is customs post check at Frankfurt.

Heavy understaffed.

If once took days for a letter from Germany to Thailand to leave Frankfurt.

Thailand is likely on a red list and many if not all shipments handpicked.

Top of the list are South American countries like Colombia from where every shipment is carefully inspected.

More than just the sniffer dog.

Within Thailand EMS works.

A shipment delivered at Minburi yesterday morning has reached our upcountry post office (western part of Khon Kaen) this morning.

Similar experiences in the past.

Edited by KhunBENQ