Honest Thai lady makes tourists day!

webfact

I dont see anything about the person giving her a reward or did I miss something? It shows she is a good person. Most Thai's are nice people it is just the few who are scum. Good that the owner gave her a reward she deserved it.

[/quote)

I agree wholeheartedly.

However not as yet met the kind thoughtful honest people who would return the money I've had stolen over the years.

Anyway, there's hope yet but ain't holding my breath.

Just saying .....,,,

Despite this nice story, the usual sarcastic posters have not even been able to write a positive comment.

Maybe because we see through the sand-in-your-eyes-effect of these feelgood- stories!coffee1.gif

Maybe because you are just sad pathetic people who couldn't find the good in anything more likely

Yeah...let me ask you: how many times ...in a month, let's say...have you read stories like this in your homecountry?

Compared to Thailand, where this seems to be newsworthy, three times every month or so?

Taxi driver returning amount of x....Honest Taxi- driver returns x- baht to customer...Cleaning lady (honest!) returns...

I can not remember one headline like that and if there was one, it was for an exceptionally high amount...maybe!

Now: why is this?

Germans are not as honest as the goodhearted Thais?

Tourists in Germany are not as forgetful as tourists in Thailand?

Why is this even news?

She found the money and returned it!

Good on her, but...isn't that what she should be doing?

Do you think, we will ever read a story like "Desperate tourist looking for a bag with THB 60.000 he left in a taxi"?

Again: why not?