Motorbikes Banned on Airport Overpass and Don Kaew Underpass to “Fix Traffic Problems”

webfact

Motorbikes Banned on Airport Overpass and Don Kaew Underpass to “Fix Traffic Problems”
by CityNews

13062060_1773680512863050_62826033233615

CityNews – Chiang Mai Traffic Police have announced that motorbikes are no longer allowed on the Airport Road Flyover and the Don Kaew Underpass, to help prevent accidents and fix traffic problems.

The new laws will begin on May 1, 2016.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/motorbikes-banned-airport-overpass-don-kaew-underpass-fix-traffic-problems/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-04-29

Yes its cancelled.

But can anybody explain me excactly where this two spots are ?

Airport Overpass - I suppose it is the overpass of the Mahidol road over the Airport Plaza intersection. Right ?

Don Kaew Underpass - never heard of that

i remember that there was / is also a sign that you can not turn right under the bridge over the ping river Mahidon Rd.

First day the poilce was guiding traffic and writing out fines , traffic was really getting better.

Now the sign is still there but of course not enforced.

Every day its a disaster coming from Chang Klan around 4 PM.

Can this government not think and solve this major traffic problem by enforcing the rules.

I give up and not go in or out of town with the car between 3 and 7 PM.

Yes its cancelled.

But can anybody explain me excactly where this two spots are ?

Airport Overpass - I suppose it is the overpass of the Mahidol road over the Airport Plaza intersection. Right ?

Don Kaew Underpass - never heard of that

If you drive from Chiang Mai to Mae Rim on Rt.107, this is the new underpass at the intersection of the end of the Canal Road with the main highway. It's only been open for the past month or two.

Now that is a real "Monty Python" solution to a non-existent motorcycle-induced traffic problem. At least one good laugh a day, Never a dull moment in the LoS.

When I first arrived in Bangkok 15 years ago Khun Thaksin announced he would fix the traffic problems within 6 months.Yesterday a friend had to take his elderley mother to the airport in a taxi, 5 kms took 1.5 hours.Luckily he's an old hand and had left sufficient time.

CM still has no plan for co ordinated public transport system, its going to head the same way but thankfully maybe not in my lifetime.The CM airport parking is a classic example of no vision or just plain old common sense.