HELP : Buying USED hospital bed/stretcher for 100kg stroke patient

BKKdreaming

Hi..

My friends Mom had a stroke last week and cannot use one side of her body and is bedridden in the Hospital ,

she is BIG , over 100kg and needs to get a hospital bed / stretcher for home use , she will be going home in a few days.

Where would you find a USED one or does anyone here have one for sale ? Most are probably made for 50kg Thais not someone that is 100kg , it does not need to be electric

Also can anyone give ideas on how to turn her over so she does not get bedsores etc , she is HEAVY and her children weigh less than half her weight ,

I would think the bed needs to go down low and be able to be raised , the area around her back needs to go up , and it needs side rails ,

Have I forgotten anything ?

Also need a large size wheelchair , but that is not as important now ,

Its in the BKK area , but if you have a free or cheap one we could get it shipped on the train or bus,

Thank you for your help

I cannot help with your question about the bed but in addition to the bed the lady needs a pressure relieving mattress.

I am sure the nurses will show the family how the lady can be safely moved and turned whilst in bed ( It will require a min of 2-3 people)

Hi

I looked up pressure relieving mattress. on Google,

there seems to be 2 types , Foam rubber and Air mattress with electric pump

Which is better and why ?

She is going to be on this for months , so saving a little money is not the problem , but more what helps her and will last

and are they both available in Thailand ? Thanks

Hi

She is going to be on this for months , so saving a little money is not the problem , but more what helps her and will last

I would need the mattress specifications before being able to advise.

Hi

I would need the mattress specifications before being able to advise.

OK....well they do not have the hospital bed yet so I do not know what size it is or what is on it now ,

are the air mattresses common in Thailand ?

thanks

http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/836200/ may be able to help with the used hospital bed (though will be local brands so don't know how well will stand up to a 100kg patient)

You can see if the above place has air mattresses or foam mattresses (foam is not good idea if she is incontinent as it will soak through).

If not, then while not medical grade, and requiring manual inflation, you can get air beds them from lazada. This is a brand I own and it seems fairly durable:

http://www.lazada.co.th/intex-68758-inflatable-double-air-bed-mattress-sleeping-outdoor-double-intl-5531959.html

but as it does not come with pump you need to separately order that

http://www.lazada.co.th/xcsource-electric-air-bed-pump-inflator-deflator-pool-camping-mattress-230v-mains-os340-3055316.html

For turning, always keep a "draw sheet" beneath her - this is a regular flat bed sheet or thin blanket folded in thirds and positioned such that her bottom is in the middle. Then position people on each side of her and turn by lifting the sheet over; prop pillows under her back to keep her on her side until time to turn over again. Position left side - back - right side etc