chonabot

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

davethailand

er, my names dave, oh and er, i'm in thailand

Gisèle:

not a nickname, no big mystery just the name my mom gave me.

When I "signed up" back in 2002, I was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered to think of anything clever or witty. Then again maybe my brain couldn't have come up with anything more than the name my mother gave me anyway. :o

As I bet most of you have figured out already, my nick is an anagram of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, encrypted in fourth level Kabbala code, converted into a graph which was decoded by an AI synthesizer and subsequently copied by an eskimo clarinet player who influenced a special breed of seals native to the Baltic Sea, which in turn had this peculiarity of enjoying playing with balls, and were composed of meat. I thought that was sweet, so there you go.  :-)

BTW, anyone for a mead?

I figured that out long ago... :o

Mine's simple. Nationality and home city squashed together.

cv

Since you asked Chon me ol' mucker (even if it was 8 months ago), and for the benefit of others not familiar with the name of that delicious fish you eat in your tom yums, "pla chon' is a type of fish found all over Thailand, and is the meanest brute swimming the rivers. It's got teeth like needles and eyes like a hawk, ensuring that nothing passes it by that doesn't become dinner, even fish half it's size on occasion. Nothing like me, of course, but if I was to be reincarnated as a fish, I can think of worse slimey critters to return as.........For Issan folk, it's usually known as "paa kaw", so you could impress your wives/gf's tonite by saying "tee rak, ao kin tomyam paa kaw, yen nee derr!". :o

I'm sure most know what Ajarn means, but my informal nickname is LarryLek (high tone on 'lek' = small) to my biker friends... 'Little Larry'. A bit of a joke on my size :D

But when a beautiful woman asks my nickname, it becomes LarryLek (low tone on 'lek'= metal... Suggesting, 'Hard Larry' :o

As I bet most of you have figured out already, my nick is an anagram of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, encrypted in fourth level Kabbala code, converted into a graph which was decoded by an AI synthesizer and subsequently copied by an eskimo clarinet player who influenced a special breed of seals native to the Baltic Sea, which in turn had this peculiarity of enjoying playing with balls, and were composed of meat. I thought that was sweet, so there you go.  :-)

BTW, anyone for a mead?

I figured that out long ago... :D

Mine's simple. Nationality and home city squashed together.

cv

Your response reminded me that we met and chatted a bit once... I remember you as being a good guy, too.

Happy Holidays, cdnvic :o