Best sharwarma in Pattaya?

Spaniel

Any feedback on the Turkish pumpuey joint at the foot of walking street?

Quite tasty, but very oily... also they go overboard on the sauces, so ask for less.

Remember the days when there was just the one guy doing this, at Marine Plaza ........... sorry !

The Egyption guy featured in this thread was one of the founding purveyors of street kebabs. He used to have a stationary street cart parked directly opposite The Avenue, before it was built, in 2006. At that time it wasn't easy to find kebabs. Not long after McDonald's opened in 2007 he moved to the hole-in-the-wall shop on 2nd Road and the quality of his product went downhill. He lost that personal touch because he started hiring staff and they were never the same again. Soon after he moved every man and his dog started selling kebabs. Over the space of a few years 3 others opened shops near his and mobile units starting popping up all over town. I'll bet he dreams of the money he used to make on his old street cart.

I am talking about Mid-80's for the first one at Marine Plaza.

The second kebab stall to open up was on Soi 8 about 10 years later.

There was many Kebab stalls by the time 2006 came round IMO.

Edited by TaaSaparot

Remember the days when there was just the one guy doing this, at Marine Plaza ........... sorry !

Anyone remember the kebabs down Soi 8 in the 90's

near the bottom of the soi, in front of a bar right hand side, forget the name of bar, but the landlord was Keith from wales. nice guy.

nice chicken ones, that had some taste to them, was great washed down with loads more Chang.

happy days. thumbsup.gif

Ps you just beat me to Taasaparot

Edited by onemorechang

Anyone remember the kebabs down Soi 8 in the 90's

near the bottom of the soi, in front of a bar right hand side, forget the name of bar, but the landlord was Keith from wales. nice guy.

nice chicken ones, that had some taste to them, was great washed down with loads more Chang.

happy days. thumbsup.gif

Ps you just beat me to Taasaparot

Welsh Wynns ?

Doner is Turkish. Schwarma is Arabic.

I find the street stuff like that here appallingly bad.

People must be very drunk to actually think it's good.

My reference point is a Palestinian schwarma place in San Francisco, about 10 times better.

you forgot Greek gyros.

it's all actually the same thing, with minor variations, it spread around the mediterranean.