German Man Arrested After Armed Bank Robbery In Naklua.

britmaveric

German man arrested after armed bank robbery in Naklua.

04_11_3_5.jpg

A case of armed robbery now from a branch of the Siam Commercial Bank in Naklua where the suspected thief was a German National. Police Lieutenant Colonel Chaiiyawat from Pattaya Police Station was called to the bank just before 7pm on Friday Night by Khun Ongart, the Manager of the Branch who reported a robbery and also mentioned that they had the suspected robber in custody.

Because of the seriousness of the case over 50 Police Officers and volunteers from Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police converged on the location where the suspected thief, Mr. Heinrich Becker aged 56 from Germany was formally arrested. A plastic gun and a can of pepper spray, which was not used during the robbery, were seized and 190,000 Baht in cash was discovered in his waist bag. He was taken to Pattaya Police Station where, through an interpreter, confessed to crime. He explained that he had run out of money and decided to commit the bank robbery to replenish his funds.

We do know that Mr. Becker has committed 5 such robberies back in Germany, the most current case dating back to March 2006. He is wanted for this case back in Germany and was able to flee to Thailand with 70,000 Euro’s, thought to have been the proceeds of the theft, before the warrant could be issued. This money had been used up and Mr. Becker decided that a further bank robbery here would allow him to continue his life here in Thailand.

Mr. Becker entered the bank at 6.47pm according to CCTV images and went straight to a counter manned by a female teller. Mr. Becker produced the fake gun, which had been purchased from the Royal Garden Plaza, and without speaking, pointed to a pile of money on the desk which was quickly handed over.

Mr. Becker arrived at the Bank on his motorbike which he parked directly outside the Bank. When he was ready to leave, he noticed that a large group of Thai’s had gathered outside the Bank after realizing there was a commotion inside. Mr. Becker panicked and ran into a nearby area of wasteland and attempted to hide without success. He was detained by the Bank Security Guard and members of the public and was later arrested by Police.

At the Police Station he was charged with armed robbery and will now be sent to court. We understand that the German Embassy are involved in the case and the suspect will be deported back to Germany to face similar charges as soon as the Thai authorities are finished with him.

-Pattaya City News

Saturday 4th November 2006

Good thing he took the high denomination bills, 20's and 50's... :D

04_11_3_2.jpg

The obligatory big belly shot:

04_11_3_6.jpg

Mr. Becker produced the fake gun, which had been purchased from the Royal Garden Plaza

At least he paid for the fake gun that he used to commit an armed robbery, fair and square.

:o

Mr. Becker panicked and ran into a nearby area of wasteland and attempted to hide without success.

A bit disappointing... far more dramatic ending would be an attempt to outrun the police...

oh well, good luck with all of what is coming to you, Heinrich

"We do know that Mr. Becker has committed 5 such robberies back in Germany, the most current case dating back to March 2006. He is wanted for this case back in Germany and was able to flee to Thailand with 70,000 Euro’s, thought to have been the proceeds of the theft, before the warrant could be issued. This money had been used up and Mr. Becker decided that a further bank robbery here would allow him to continue his life here in Thailand."

So he spent about 10.000 Euro's a month (that's about Baht 500.000)......in Thailand.........hmmmm...quite a big spender.

He must have made a lot of ladies happy... :o

LaoPo

It sounds like an amateur job. This guy must have been desperate. In March 2006 he robbed a German bank of 70,000 Euros: According to my calculations that is 3.3 million baht he has spent in just 8 months.

I could live well for four years in Pattaya with 3.3 million baht.

He,ll be deported to Germany and will serve his time out there, less any generous good conduct reductions the countries laws avail to their criminals.

He,ll also finish up with an outcome similar to another infamous German of Pattaya renoun

Whats his name again ???????????????????????????????????? armhole

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

By the looks of him he will end his days in a thai prison and for what stupid stupid man.

You ever been hungry? :D

How can you defend such a loser with that statement. Yes i have had hard times in my life but i have never resorted to crime him and me come from countrys that have adequate welfare system and work if you look for it. The guy was just a criminal looking for an easy life he was hardly living the life of a poor man was he. I am sorry if i sound hard but why should people who work hard for there money feel sorry for a fool like him. I dont know his background but he was stealing to support a lavish lifestyle not just to survive no excuse for that :o

I guess he's spent every penny (or Euro) he got from the German banks on living like a 20 year old (and eating for 20 people) for a couple of months in Pattaya and couldnt give the lifestyle up.

Should of hopped it across the British Channel oh Mr Fat German, Mr Blair would of welcomed him with open arms (and a house, clothing allowance, food vouchers and free hospital treatment)

Porridge and water for 20 years might do him a world of good :o

"Because of the seriousness of the case over 50 Police Officers and volunteers from Pattaya Police and the Tourist Police converged on the location where the suspected thief, Mr. Heinrich Becker aged 56 from Germany was formally arrested." this guy was already in custody by the time the police were called - so why does it take 50+ police officers to make the arrest - unbelievable but TIT

The missus went to a money changer in some back alley, there was 5 or 6 girls, shoulder to shoulder, trays stacked with great thick wads of cash (local and forex), security was a waist high counter, I could easily have touched the tray from where I was standing...

No apparent security apart from a rather chubby self satisfied, Thai guy hanging off a early model Mercedes - 10 pounds of bling bling, 40 pounds of som tum, more oil than my old holden.....

sorry off topic...but this may be quite tempting to someone who doesn't realise the local form of security.

Edited by Douggie Style