Pattaya to Don Muang

Becker

I am flying to southern Thailand next week and would like to know what alternatives I have regarding bus or minibus from Pattaya? I have checked online but there are surprisingly few options that I have found.

You may have looked for Pattaya to Don Mueang directly which might indeed not yield too many results.

BUT: you can take any of the buses or vans to Suvanabhumi and continue from there with the free shuttle bus.

Just a flight booking from DMK to be shown.

One big coach is the Bell Bus from Pattaya Nuea (nothern) bus station.

Price of 250 Baht would include pickup from one of many hotels/appartement houses.

About every two hours.

Other big coach is from Jomtien bus station near T-junction of Thephrasit and Thappraya rd.

134 Baht, goes every hour.

Free shuttle bus needs about 1h from BKK to DMK.

Multiple buses per hour.

Edited by KhunBENQ

By taxi 1200 baht...............cheapest option (and the one I,ve used many times) is van from Pattaya tai to Victory Monument 100 baht then bus 29/519 to Don Muang 18 baht thumbsup.gif

Taxi takes a couple of hours if speed is essential,my method around 3 hours + as I stop for a quick lunch at Victory Monument whistling.gif

Or another alternative which I have found just as easy is to go to the big bus station on North Pattaya Road (near Pattaya Bangkok Hospital) and buy a bus ticket to Mochit 2 bus station and which is also not far from Don Muang airport which saves messing about having to go to a different airport just to catch a shuttle bus.

When you get to Mochit 2 bus station you then simply hop on an A1 shuttle bus (orange coloured) which leaves every 20 minutes and it takes you to the entrance to the check-in area at Don Muang.

The bus to Mochit 2 bus station leaves frequently and costs about 120 baht and the A1 bus costs another 30 baht.

This is a particularly useful way of getting to the airport if you are strongly averse (for safety reasons) to using minivans as I am.

If I had the choice between one of these hell driver vans and a big well reputed coach to Suv. I would know what to select.

Cheapest:

134 Baht with coach from Jomtien plus free shuttle

100 + 18 with the hell drivers

costs about 120 baht and the A1 bus costs another 30 baht.

with the hassle to drive through Bangkok "low level"?

No thanks,

The coach and free shuttle use motorway and tollway all the way.

Edited by KhunBENQ

which saves messing about having to go to a different airport just to catch a shuttle bus.

What messing???

Using an elevator from 4th floor down to 2nd floor compared to going through Morchit????

Walking/cart pushing of 50m or so to the elevator and back!

Thats the whole "messing".

Edited by KhunBENQ

If I had the choice between one of these hell driver vans and a big well reputed coach to Suv. I would know what to select.

Cheapest: 134 Baht with coach from Jomtien vs. 100 + 18 with the hassle to drive through Bangkok "low level"?

No thanks,

The coach and free shuttle use motorway and tollway all the way.

anything would be better than a hell driver vanthumbsup.gif

which saves messing about having to go to a different airport just to catch a shuttle bus.

What messing???

Using an elevator from 4th floor down to 2nd floor compared to going through Morchit????

Walking/cart pushing of 50m or so to the elevator and back!

Thats the whole "messing".

" What messing?? "

I regard it as messing because shuttle tickets can’t be pre-booked and the service is first come, first served on the day.

" You are given a ticket by the dispatcher at the desk and if the bus is already full you have to wait for the next one."

that could mean a one-hour wait at some times during the day versus only a 20 minute wait for the A1 bus

Busses and minivans are cheapest and goes basically every minutes, but they're not that safe, especially not minivans.

Alternatively you could use minivans from hotels that are a bit more expensive but are usually more safe.

Taxi will drive you for 500-800 baht and are at leased more safe.

Boats goes from Pattaya to BKK. No idea what the price is, but expect it to be cheap.

Trains also goes from Pattaya to BKK. No idea about the price, but it is cheap, perhaps even cheaper than many bus- and minivan services.

Airplane probably goes from Pattaya (U-Tapao Airport) to wherever you are going in Southern Thailand, or nearby.

A taxi from Pattaya to Don Mueang for 800?

Really?

And I posted "regarding bus or minibus" as in the OP.

Of course a nice 6 cylinder limousine with a reputable driver would be fine but 2k or more.

Busses and minivans are cheapest and goes basically every minutes, but they're not that safe, especially not minivans.

Alternatively you could use minivans from hotels that are a bit more expensive but are usually more safe.

Boats goes from Pattaya to BKK. No idea what the price is, but expect it to be cheap.

Trains also goes from Pattaya to BKK. No idea about the price, but it is cheap, perhaps even cheaper than many bus- and minivan services.

Airplane probably goes from Pattaya (U-Tapao Airport) to wherever you are going in Southern Thailand, or nearby.

Pattaya to BKK by BOAT?????

Taxi to DM for 5 - 800B??? not since 1995 matey.

I think you need to update your info.

The train can be a nice restful option if you can handle the possible crowding between Chonburi and BKK, especially if you're not too laden with bags.

With good luck you can have the train almost to yourself, with bad luck it it like a Bombay Rush Hour.

The Pattaya train gets into Hualamphong around 1830-1900ish from where you can just wander onto a north or northeastbound train which all stop at DM.