Decent Aluminium Windows for Bangkok Condo

gazmat

Does anybody know of a decent aluminium window installation firm in Bangkok?

I'm currently renovating a 13th floor condo and need 3 or 4 large sliding windows and one large sliding balcony door replaced.

The expensive companies are reluctant to install in a condo or for such a small job. As the windows have to be silver aluminium, clear glass and match the existing design it is probably overkill anyway.

We had a trial window installed by a local guy (Sathu Pradit) but the window is very basic - little to no air or sound insulation and lots of bits screwed and sealed together to make the profile shapes.

Are there any 'middle market' window firms who can install decent quality windows that aren't held together with tons of sealant and offer some reasonable air and sound insulation?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You might look at the web site for the recent architectexpo.com They had at least 10 different window companies that do custom size windows in Bangkok. Aluzat is a firm I have visited and believe provide a good value.

I have spent the last 2 years looking for a semi-decent company that can supply and fit perfectly straightforward double-glazed aluminium replacement sliding doors for my condo in Jomtien.

Manufacturers with fancy websites and local factories dont even reply to emails (including one exhibitor at the above-mentioned expo).

Local farang-run installers charge very high prices and have an attitude that puts me right off (no "making good" and no indication of how floor joints would be finished).

Local Thai-run places barely even seem to know what double-glazing is, let alone where to find it.

Cant believe that such a simple thing can be so hard to source. In Europe I would have had a dozen quotes within a day and the job would have been done within a week, for less than half the price that farang-run places here ask for it.

Edited by KittenKong

I have met the managing director of Aluzat and other reputable custom aluminum window fabricators in Bangkok at their offices. I e-mailed them, then phoned them and made an appointment. They spoke English. Window fabricating Staff drove me to see actual installations, not just what was on the factory floor. E-mails to many companies in Thailand is only step one. Then you phone and ask them to read the e-mail. Next week I'll visit a UPVC Window factory where the owner speaks English in Bangkok. Even in Buriram there is at least one proper UPVC Window fabrication plant which is a franchise of a UK window company. The Thai owner speaks and understands English. There must have been at least eight different aluminum window companies with impressive displays at the 2016 Architect Expo. The holly grail of all those window and companies is "Project', yet one custom built home can be of interest is my personal experience. I can not speak of the prices of expat run window companies, as none were serving Buriram in 2008 when I first purchased custom size casement, single hung and awning tempered windows.

I have met the managing director of Aluzat and other reputable custom aluminum window fabricators in Bangkok at their offices. I e-mailed them, then phoned them and made an appointment. They spoke English. Window fabricating Staff drove me to see actual installations, not just what was on the factory floor. E-mails to many companies in Thailand is only step one. Then you phone and ask them to read the e-mail.

I'll certainly give Aluzat a try. I would be interested to know who the others were.

The other company I mentioned failed to answer two enquiries made via its website. The Thai contact email address on the European parent company's website gave a "mailbox unavailable message" and the European parent company also failed to respond to an email. A complete bunch of utterly useless tossers in fact.

Next week I'll visit a UPVC Window factory where the owner speaks English in Bangkok. Even in Buriram there is at least one proper UPVC Window fabrication plant which is a franchise of a UK window company. The Thai owner speaks and understands English.

I've had much more success with UPVC companies in Pattaya. There are lots of them with many of them appearing quite keen to do the job. Sadly UPVC profiles are much too thick for what I want so it has to be aluminium (which I prefer anyway).

Edited by KittenKong

• 2 months later...

Hi, have a look at Grafinger (Thai) they have great panorama sliding doors and good casement windows at I would say reasonable prices.

A shame that their website is so incomplete, with so many broken links.

An even bigger shame that they provide no contact details at all apart from an email address.

Before shelling out a couple of hundred thousand Baht on a sliding door I expect to see samples and a real factory.

Hi, have a look at Grafinger (Thai) they have great panorama sliding doors and good casement windows at I would say reasonable prices.

A shame that their website is so incomplete, with so many broken links.

An even bigger shame that they provide no contact details at all apart from an email address.

Before shelling out a couple of hundred thousand Baht on a sliding door I expect to see samples and a real factory.

Never shell out a couple of hundred thousand thb in advance for ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THAILAND

Never shell out a couple of hundred thousand thb in advance for ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THAILAND

Normally I would agree but all the suppliers that I have contacted and who have bothered to reply (and you can count them on the fingers of one hand) have wanted a sizeable deposit before confirming an order. Presumably because they are fed up with buying in products for customers with big imaginations but no money.

Prices for decent quality imported double-glazed aluminium windows are extremely high here: several times what they would cost in Europe. There is no way round this that I am aware of. Local aluminium frames are very cheap and readily available, but they are crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah seems they have changed their webpage recently. Yet, dont be so harsh, show me any webpage in Thailand that is complete and works. With regards to samples, you can make an appointment with them and they come by with some kind of table mockups.

Just give it a shot, just for see a sample no one charge you anything yet.