Small pool

Gonsalviz

I relented and bought a small rubber pool for the kids. I guess the capacity at 3-4000 liters. It has a cheap crap filter.

I would like to know how to keep it clean since I have no desire to empty an fill it regularly.I know bleach will will keep the algae at bay but what to use to keep the water clear? I know a few things but not much. Is a pool place in order? I have several people tell me that the pool places know fuckall mostly.

Is it cheaper to just empty an fill it? I did buy a cover to keep the big stuff out and taught the kids to wash their feet before getting in.

What several people tell you is really heir way of admitting they were too stupid to avoid being scammed. Your best bet is to go to some of those 'pool places' or call them and decide for yourself. I have never really understood why ThaiVisa members are scared to use their phones, because eeven here, if you ask ask a question you'll get 20 different answers. The solution for your inflatable Intex pool is to get a miniature floating chlorine dispenser that you fill will broken pieces of chlorine tablets (not granules or powder, because it will explode). That's the proper way to do it, not use household bleach.

getting the water crystal clear however means that you will need a flocculant and some mechanism to vacuum the pool floor to collect the coagulated flakes that settle on the floor. Without investing more in a small, but proper pool filtration system that will cost more than the pool itself, there's not much else in the way of a workaround. Changing the water every so often shoudn't be a problem at trhe very low water costs here in Thailand but you may wish to use a large domestic water filter to ensure that the water is clean from the word go.

Did it not come with a small pump with integrated cartridge filter?

If not, and the pool has 2 sidewall "ports" to facilitate one, maybe buy one of these? http://www.lazada.co.th/intex-2006-8-12-28604-2564348.html

Sorry, just read your post again and noted "cheap crap filter". The thing is, it's not crap really, you just need to run it for 12-24 hours/day for it to do the job, and pull the filter out daily for rinsing. Running it only when the pool is in use is not enough. Same goes for every pool.

Edited by IMHO

Did it not come with a small pump with integrated cartridge filter?

If not, and the pool has 2 sidewall "ports" to facilitate one, maybe buy one of these? http://www.lazada.co.th/intex-2006-8-12-28604-2564348.html

Sorry, just read your post again and noted "cheap crap filter". The thing is, it's not crap really, you just need to run it for 12-24 hours/day for it to do the job, and pull the filter out daily for rinsing. Running it only when the pool is in use is not enough. Same goes for every pool.

Rare that people re read or thoroughly posts on TV. Thanks for that.

But these filters on their best day cannot stop algae or the cloudy water. That is why all pools require maintenance including chemicals.

Previous experience with these pumps.

Garden watered and fresh pool water for the kids in one go. No namman necessary. Job done

I even mused whether the village would tolerate a refill approach for my 90 cu.m pool! Would take too long -I dont think my daughters/friends could wait a few days to placate a swim urge! And there are structural risks so it was a quickly dismissed piece of conjecture.

My idea

1 go to fish pond shop you might found small complete set

2 you might need roof to preventive direct sun shine

or

3 go to pool shop you might get small filter system cost about 2x,xxx THB ++

call me anytime if i could support you

krist 086 301 6901 ( T/ENG)