Bahrain’s king holidays at Sharm el-Sheikh and tips Egypt for tourism

webfact

Bahrain’s king holidays at Sharm el-Sheikh and tips Egypt for tourism

606x341_331728.jpg

CAIRO: -- Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa has done his bit to promote tourism – in Egypt.

Breaking off after an official visit to the country, he went snorkelling in the resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. He also played golf and volleyball and the photos went viral.

The king praised the Egyptian government’s efforts over security. Tourism has suffered badly because of fears about terrorism, especially since a Russian holiday jet crashed last year in what’s thought to have been a bomb attack.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-04

Easy for a King with a personal security team of 60-100 people and a private luxury boat for diving who probably never laid eyes on 'the common folk'as he flys in and out on his luxury private aircraft to say 'this is a safe great place for tourists.

It is a nice tourist attraction, I had a great time there.

When?

I used to go every year, until about 9-10 years ago, the diving is exceptional. I have a mate who is GM of a large branded hotel. They have been running at 5-10% occupancy for the last 18 months. It is simply not safe to take your family at the moment,especially around the pyramids or valley of Kings etc.

It is a nice tourist attraction, I had a great time there.

I was there once right after a bus load of German Tourist were attacked by terrorists and killed there.

Great for hotel prices if you negotiate. Especially 5 Star ones. Got mine for half price. Service was also exceptional as not that many people there at this time. I had been to Cairo before and never saw it this quiet.

But the Street Hawkers with bother the crap out of you no matter where you go in Egypt, and once you leave the security of your hotel. With tourism down and so few customers, when they see one they don't want to let you go. Everything from a bottle of water to a carriage ride all has the same opening price tag of $100. So you have to be very careful to ask before you do or buy anything.