Spanish murder suspect Artur Segarra Princep pleads not guilty, trial set for July

snoop1130

He will soon have that smirk wiped off his face,there must have been a ton of forensic evidence

at his apartment,lets hope they collected it all,correctly.

regards worgeordie

Plus: fleeing Bangkok, fleeing a restaurant in Isan, fleeing Thailand, dumping motorcycle at boarder - pleadging not guilty. I wonder how he is going to explain this.

He will tell the court, in his defense, the following.

I didn't flee, I just took a holiday excursion at the last moment. It's all a coincidence, the coppers have only circumstantial evidence. Just because I took off , left shortly after doesn't mean a thing, I only had two days to take up the promotion before it expired.

As for leaving the restaurant, I had to as I discovered that I'd left my wallet at home, no money and I was scared because I had heard bad stories of what happened to people who could not pay their bill. The motorcycle, I didn't dump it, merely a mechanical problem and not knowing the locals left it in a secure area from where I could have it picked it up later when I found a reliable mechanic.

Then later, after I fled crossed into Cambodia, there I was, minding my own business, looking for a mechanic, when I was jumped by all these Asian men, which I later found out were Cambodian Police. As I do not speak Cambodian or Thai, I was so shocked to find out what I was being accused of but to prove my innocence I returned to Thailand with some other men who told me they were Thai Police.

So you can see he can explain the various aspects without difficulty. Not necessarily accepted or believable but those Spaniards will try anything. Look at him, even his mother knows he's innocent. whistling.gifwai2.gif

Spanish man pleads not guilty to murdering, dismembering compatriot

By Coconuts Bangkok

segarra_0.jpg

Artur Segarra. Photo: Cambodian police.

BANGKOK: -- A Spanish man has pleaded not guilty to the gruesome murder of a compatriot in Bangkok in January.

Artur Segarra Princep, 37, told the Criminal Court on Wednesday he did not kill or dismember Spanish businessman David Bernat, 40.

Artur is accused of detaining David in his Huai Kwang apartment from Jan 20-30 and forcing the victim to reveal his ATM pin in order to steal THB734,940.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/05/04/spanish-man-pleads-not-guilty-murdering-dismembering-compatriot

cocon.jpg

-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-05-05

Those eyes look so cold.......It's like looking into a mirror!cheesy.gif

I guess there will be ATM camera evidence , his face during transactions. The smirk could just be a touch of insanity. Not knowing all the evidence yet it will be interesting to see what happens.

Feel for the victim rather than this character.

700,000thb won't buy his way out of this.... That would probably cost millions

I would say he is getting real Thai justice...

No money can buy his way out of this, it is way too far into the judicial system for any financial negotiations.

Once you are formally charged, you have zero chance of any of that.

But don't let that fact get in the way of a little gratuitous Thai-bashing.

So far the RTP have handled this case very well.

For sure.

Hopefully they'll put him away for a long time.

The increase in the number of low-life farangs here spoils the scene for all of us - especially those who have wives and children among the Thais.

What a sympathetic fellow! With such a charge, everybody would plead not guilty, it's the reasonable thing to do. The smile is because he is not playing it with a full deck. Hope he's going to spend the rest of his days as the prison whore in a Thai prison. Not that that would pay back what he did. NB must have been 700K EUR not THB