Kasikorn inter region atm fee

Hi,

I opened (with difficulties) my account at a kasikorn branch in pattaya while i was renting a condo there.

Now i am most of the time in bkk and of course bothered by the atm fee when i want to use this card outside pattaya.

- can i suscribe to a service with kasikorn that woukd lift this fee?

- if not, the only solution would be to move the account in a bkk branch. Is that easy? Do they require a proof of adress? I use mostly airbnb and hotel and i dont have one...

In Thailand, you don't move an account from one branch to another. You have to open an account at the new branch. Then, if you wish, there is nothing to stop you from closing the other account, though you may want to think twice before doing that, if there is any possibility that you will return to the first place. I believe that if you do nothing (i.e. don't have at least one transaction per year), the bank will automatically close the account after one or two years. This time period may vary from bank to bank; I haven't tested all of them.

// if you do nothing (i.e. don't have at least one transaction per year), the bank will automatically close the account after one or two years. This time period may vary from bank to bank //

Kasikorn Pattaya will close "abandoned" accounts after 1 year,

or after 6 months only if the balance if below 100 baht.

In Thailand, you don't move an account from one branch to another. You have to open an account at the new branch. Then, if you wish, there is nothing to stop you from closing the other account, though you may want to think twice before doing that, if there is any possibility that you will return to the first place. I believe that if you do nothing (i.e. don't have at least one transaction per year), the bank will automatically close the account after one or two years. This time period may vary from bank to bank; I haven't tested all of them.

Thanks, trying to open an other account in BKK does not worth the trouble.

I already have a card with an euro account with no fee for payment and withdrawal in foreign currencies (except the thai atm fee of course).

I wanted to use my Kbank account to stock the cash i withdraw with the euro card (30K in general) and avoid keeping the cash in my luggages but well, if i have to pay a fee everytime i use their card in an atm outside Pattaya I give up.

// if you do nothing (i.e. don't have at least one transaction per year), the bank will automatically close the account after one or two years. This time period may vary from bank to bank //

Thanks for the info, i will make sure I do some deposit and money withdrawal before the 6 months.

Kasikorn fee is 15 baht which is still a lot cheaper than the euro card whose commission will be around 2-3% or 600-900 baht on 30K plus you've got the 200 baht ATM fee.

It would be cheaper to just wire money to kasikorn even if it is in Pattaya.

Edited by Jeddah Jo

Kasikorn fee is 15 baht which is still a lot cheaper than the euro card whose commission will be around 2-3% or 600-900 baht on 30K.

No, as i said I pay only the ATM fee, the european bank does not take any commission.

Kasikorn fee is 15 baht which is still a lot cheaper than the euro card whose commission will be around 2-3% or 600-900 baht on 30K.

No, as i said I pay only the ATM fee, the european bank does not take any commission.

They will charge you commission via their spread or buy/sell price. You need to find out what that spread is before you can determine how much it is costing you.

They will charge you commission via their spread or buy/sell price. You need to find out what that spread is before you can determine how much it is costing you.

Maybe, I did a withdrawal today, i will compare tomorrow with the MC exchange rate.

https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion/

Their exchange rate for the 5th of may is not public yet.

Thanks, trying to open an other account in BKK does not worth the trouble.

I already have a card with an euro account with no fee for payment and withdrawal in foreign currencies (except the thai atm fee of course).

I wanted to use my Kbank account to stock the cash i withdraw with the euro card (30K in general) and avoid keeping the cash in my luggages but well, if i have to pay a fee everytime i use their card in an atm outside Pattaya I give up.

Thanks for the info, i will make sure I do some deposit and money withdrawal before the 6 months.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/RatesAndFees/Charges/Pages/Charges.aspx

post-55970-0-63904600-1462516305_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Keep you Pattaya account open in case your in the area. Open a new account in Bangkok and transfer funds between your accounts online for free - no more atm's fees in Pattaya or Bangkok and internationally transfer money into either account as required.

I do find it useful to have two accounts with the same bank for that reason, one in Chiang Mai the other in Phuket. I use one as the main funds holding account and the other as the pocket money account and the account that is linked to my Kasikorn K-Web virtual card for online use. That account rarely has more than a 5,000 in it. If I need more I can transfer it instantly through the online banking app. I never carry the debit card for the main account. I just switch the role of each account depending on where I'm staying and therefore which ATMs I'll be using. As an emergency it's also handy to have the spare debit card if I ever should lose the main debit card or if it gets retained by an errant machine.

Edited by SooKee

In Thailand, you don't move or transfer a bank account from one branch to another. You need to open an acct. at the second branch. Then, if you want, you can close the first account, or let it close automatically. Someone said on here recently that K-bank closes accounts after 6 months of inactivity. If there is any possibility that you will ever want an account In Pattaya again, it would be prudent to keep it active.

Edited by allane